Awakening

Beauxbatons Garden | 16th September 1985 | 4 PM

Normally, the 7 of them would gather at 3, but on that day, Charlus hadn't come and it was 4 PM! Fleur and the others were worried that something had happened to Charlus and they started to search for him.

They split up into groups of two - Fleur with Charlotte, Selene with Lucas, and Lucifer with Henri. Lucifer and Henri went to their dorms, while Fleur and Charlotte went to the dining hall to see if Charlus was still eating. With Selene's insistence, Selene and Lucas went to the headmistress herself to see if something had happened to Charlus.

Fleur and Charlotte were the first to reach their destination. They started looking for Charlus in the very small crowd that were still having lunch. Henri and Lucifer had reached the dorms just after Fleur and Charlotte reached the dining hall and they found the dorms empty.

Selene was taking her own time, slowly observing her surroundings while going towards the Headmistress' office. Lucas was very patient, but he felt that Selene was taking Charlus' disappearance very lightly. It took them 30 minutes to reach the office.

Lucas knocked on the door of the office and stepped back. He had seen the headmistress before and was very afraid of her. A minute later, the door opened, and behind it, Madame Maxime appeared.

The scene was very comedic to watch, since Madame Maxime stood at 10 feet, and looked like a giant in front of the 4 feet 8-years old. She looked down and saw the children waiting for her to speak.

"What is it you need children?"

"Madame Maxime, one of our friends has gone missing. Charlus. Could you tell us where he is?"

Selene replied very calmly, while Lucas was trembling. Madame Maxime looked at Selene surprised. She knew Selene was a muggle-born and yet she showed no fear towards a woman who was quite large.

"Charlus is with his family, safe, due to a medical condition. He will return tomorrow or the day after. Do not worry about him."

Madame Maxime smiled, and watched the two kids go back with the answer.

The deserted place in the middle of nowhere | 17th September 1985 | 3:47 AM

Charlus was surrounded by a huge ball of energy, and fire that made those outside unable to see what was happening inside. Sirius was worried, but he understood that anything he tried to do wouldn't be helpful, and might even be detrimental to Charlus' transformation.

"I failed you James," Sirius' eyes were filled with tears. "Charlus is right there and I can't do anything about it. I can't help him even if he's in so much pain. I failed you."

Dumbledore patted Sirius' back.

"No one in the world is omnipotent Sirius. No one. Even the greatest wizard, Merlin himself, was crushed to death by mere boulders. Be strong, for Charlus, and for yourself. If not, how will you answer to James and Lily?"

Sirius nodded, and stayed quiet while watching Charlus scream in pain in the huge ball of fire.

The deserted place in the middle of nowhere | 17th September 1985 | 3:45 PM

The ball of fire on the stone stele was slowly becoming bigger for an hour by then. At 3:45, it was the size of a house. The cocoon that Charlus had made for himself emitted such energy and heat that Sirius and the mysterious person had used their wands to shield themselves. Dumbledore, however, looked on.

A minute later, the heat rose quickly, and the cocoon became very bright. It looked as though it would explode like a bomb. Sirius saw this and was very worried about what would happen.

At 3:47, history was made. The ball of energy exploded, but not like a bomb. A wave of energy released from the center, and when it passed through Dumbledore, Dumbledore understood what Nicholas had said the other day.

"Albus, when you live as long as I do, you will understand that all life comes from the ground below us. There must always be a time when we give back to the ground that is our second mother. The Phoenix Awakening will release a huge amount of life energy that the entire curse will be destroyed. The impact might not be immediate, but in 5-6 years, this place will be a crucial breeding ground for magical creatures that are descendants of Phoenixes like Fawkes."

The waves of life energy released from Charlus, and the trees in the surroundings visibly changed. Before, the trees were yellowish, and were withering. They were barely alive. This was all due to a curse on the area a few centuries ago by an evil wizard. After the life energy from Charlus began to release as waves from an explosion, the trees became lush. The curse was slowly breaking.

5 minutes later, Sirius and Dumbledore were at the same spot, but they looked several years younger. The mysterious person was also amazed as the person moved their body, but no word came out.

Dumbledore went alone to the center to bring Charlus. When he went, he saw Charlus and was surprised. He saw the boy sleeping contently, and naked. What made Dumbledore surprised were the tattoos on Charlus' back. On Charlus' back, there were two tattoos that resembled wings that looked very similar, but not the same, as those of Dumbledore's familiar Falkes.