The Return of Paul McCartney

John was jittery with excitement, Paul might come back today!!!!! He had spent the whole night fantasizing about holding Paul's hand and going on walks and talking about books and playing with the cats.

Ringo sighed, "You've known him for one day, you can't be that fucking whipped for him already."

"He's perfect, Ritchie!!" John grinned, thinking of Paul's adorable smile.

"Do you even know his name?"

"It's Paul."

"Last name?"

"Hopefully Lennon one day," John winked.

"John- you can't already be thinking about getting married to him-" Ringo said exasperatedly.

John rolled his eyes, "I fantasized about marrying Elvis every night for three years, and I've never even met Elvis! Also he's dead- but my point still stands."

"You're gonna scare off the poor lad if you're already thinking about marrying him the first time you meet."

"I haven't even thought about marrying him! Though now that you say it... he would look so hot in a suit-"

"John no," Ringo shook his head, "I'm gonna get the spray bottle and spray you like a cat every time you mention-"

"Paul!!" John beamed as his angel came in, this time wearing actual clothes instead of sweatpants, and boy was he attractive.

Ringo sprayed him with water, not realising Paul was actually there.

Paul giggled a bit and smiled sweetly at John, his eye bags much less prominent. "Winston O'Boogie, hey."

"You didn't even tell him your name?" Ringo hit him on the arm.

"I'm being mysterious!!"

Ringo snorted, "Sure you are, Lennon."

"Lennon," Paul repeated, "That's your last name, I'd wager."

John nodded, "Come back tomorrow and you'll get the first name."

Paul smiled crookedly and sat at the counter, "McCartney, that's mine. Last name, I mean."

"Paul McCartney," John smiled, "Any classwork today?"

He shook his head, "Finished it all last night and this morning. Do you only work the evening shift?"

"Yeah pretty much, why?"

"No reason," Paul shrugged, blushing a bit.

"Did you want some coffee or tea or are you just here for me?" John fluttered his eyelashes jokingly.

Paul chuckled, "Just some herbal tea, I don't care which one."

"Ringo!! Get him some hot leaf juice!!"

"Wakey or sleepy kind?!?!" Ringo shouted back.

"Sleepy kind!!!!"

Paul grinned, "Why is he called Ringo?"

"That's what his parents named him," John deadpanned, "Nah, he's called that cause of his rings. His actual name is Richard."

"Huh. That's a bit odd innit?" Paul shrugged.

"I s'pose so. Ringo's an odd bird."

Paul stayed quiet, sipping on his tea tentatively.

John watched him, not quite knowing what to say.

Hey Paul I think you're gorgeous and I think I might be in love with you and I want to go out with you and snog you til I can't breathe...

"Well Mr Lennon, tell me about your cats?" Paul asked. 

John's head shot up in excitement, "Salt and Pepper are rascals and they eat all the food. Alice, I just got her, she's a Russian blue and she's only 6 months old and I would die for her. Elvis is really fat and old, he was the first cat I ever got."

"Which one's your favourite?" He smiled.

"Oh hell, I don't know," John tugged on a long strand of auburn hair that had fallen out of his bun, "I love them all so much."

"Your hair's really long," Paul remarked.

"That's random, but yeah I guess," John shrugged, "I'm thinking of cutting it again. It used to be short and shaggy and easy to maintain but now it's like a whole fucking foot long."

"It's nice... suits you and everything. My hair got long at one point but it looked like shit and I tried to get George to cut it for me but he just gave me a mullet instead and it wasn't a good look."

John grinned, "Oh come off it, I'm sure you looked fine, daft lad."

"My old girlfriend didn't think so," Paul laughed dryly, "She left me after that. Well, also cause she found out I was gay and that was really awkward-"

"Oh nice! Er- not her leaving you... but y'know being able to be yourself and all that..." John's cheeks flushed.

"Yeah, it's nice..."

"So you got a boyfriend then?"

"No," Paul sighed, "My boyfriend Ivan left me for a lass... She was pretty though, so I suppose it makes sense."

Someone willingly left him?! Stupid fucking Ivan will never know how good he had it! Paul is a million times more gorgeous than anyone else in the world!!! Fucking dick... if I ever meet him I'm gonna sock him in the teeth... Paul deserves better... like me!!! I would treat him well and make him breakfast everyday and tell him how beautiful he is and he would never have to clean the litterbox and-

"Lennon? Hey? You in there?" Paul waved a hand in front of John's eyes.

"Huh? Oh shit sorry- I spaced out..." John pushed his glasses up his nose.

Paul chuckled a bit, "What were you thinking about?"

Kissing you over and over again. "Eh nothing much. Wondering how my cats are doing, y'know?"

"I'd like to meet them sometime," Paul smiled, resting his chin on his fist.

"I'm sure you will one day," John grinned crookedly, fighting the urge to lean over and snog him senseless. "They're the sweetest."

Another smile overtook Paul's face, making John's heart thud loudly in his chest.

"Do you want a ride home again? It's nearly closing time," John asked, breaking the spell between them.

"Yeah, sure," Paul shrugged, brushing a strand of jet black hair from his eyes.

John jumped over the counter and guided Paul to the door, placing a nervous hand on his back. Paul stiffened briefly before calming down and leaning into his touch.

~~~

"Well here we are, Paulie," John smiled, trying to mask the sadness at Paul leaving.

"I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

John grinned, "Yeah!!"

Paul didn't move for a moment, just staring at John. He averted his gaze and patted him on the shoulder, "Bye Lenny..."

"Bye Macca..."