The Train

Paul was gone. He had left for his birthday to see his family like the lame person he was.

Not a single call. Not one text. He had hugged John and kissed him on the forehead before he hopped on his stupid train. And that was the last John heard from the love of his life.

John threw his phone down and groaned loudly, spooking his cat, Alice.

"Oh no- I'm so sorry love," John beckoned her up onto the couch with him, "Pspspsps~"

Alice jumped into his lap, her claws only digging into his legs a little bit. She settled down, purring as John stroked her fluffy head.

"I just miss Paul," he sighed, "You remember Paul? He stayed here for a day, he was the hairy one with the big beautiful eyes..."

Alice blinked at him.

"Yeah I know, I sound like a loon, but I seriously love the man. More than I've loved anyone before... except maybe you and your brothers, aye?" John chuckled, scratching behind her ears.

As if he had been summoned, John's fat old cat, Elvis rubbed against John's legs slowly.

"Hey Elvis, you wanna come up too?" John asked, patting the spot next to him.

Elvis tried and failed to hop up the first time, but just barely managed it the second try. John stroked Elvis's dark fur with the hand that wasn't petting Alice.

"I miss him, guys..." John sighed. "He hasn't even bothered to text me!! And tomorrow's his birthday!! Can you believe how young he is? He's just a baby! He's 19 right now! And that kinda makes me feel... I dunno... If we were in highschool and I was a junior, he would be a freshman, which is way to young. Three years is a lot of time. What if he thinks I'm to old for him and finds a younger, more financially stable guy??"

Alice meowed loudly at John, basically telling him to shut up.

"Sorry Al, I know, I'm spiralling." John glanced at his phone, still nothing. "I just want him to come back. I wanna hold his stupid hand and kiss his stupid gorgeous face-"

Laughter echoed from the corner of the room, pulling John out of his little monologue.

And of course it was George and Ringo.

"Jesus Christ, Lenny!!" Ringo doubled over in laughter, holding on to George for support. "You're really fucking far gone for him, aren't you?"

George chuckled, "I figured you had a crush on him, but not like this... You're wholly in love with him!"

"How long have you been here?!"

"Since you were freaking out about Paul being a few years younger than you." George smiled mysteriously, holding his phone at an awkward angle, "Anyway we've got a surprise for you! Someone wanted to see you, and don't worry, we've been on mute." George handed John his phone, and there he was... the most beautiful man in the world.

"Paul!!" John exclaimed after unmuting.

"Hey Johnny!" Said Paul with a laugh, "I saw your texts but my dad hasn't let me on my phone til now and George promised I could see you, but I've been on the phone with him for like two hours. I missed you, Johnny!!!"

"I missed you too!!" Tears began pooling in his eyes, which he tried very hard to suck back into his face. "It's boring without you and George and Ringo are always too busy screwing eachother to come see me. So it's just me and the cats, which are wonderful, of course, but not compared to James Paul McCartney."

Paul grinned, "I knew I was right about setting up Geo and Ringo! How are the cats doing, anyway?"

"I've got two of em on my lap, but I don't know where Salt and Pepper are, should I be worried?"