The Ballad of Soaking Wet Paul and Jealous John

"Is your lover here yet?" Ringo asked with a small chuckle.

John sighed exaggeratedly, "Not yet..." He frowned and sprayed down the counter.

"You should really give him your number so you can talk outside of the 20 minutes a day he's here."

"Ritch, he doesn't even know my name. I don't wanna seem too desperate!!!" John threw his hands up.

"But you've admitted to falling in love with him like four times and you drive him home and give him drinks for free-"

"Shush!! I can see him!!!!" John cheered before going back to cleaning the counter to look busy.

"Hey Lenny," Paul smiled weakly.

John grinned before noticing the man's state. The eye bags were back and he was completely soaked. "Macca! Are you alright?? You look cold- I have a hoodie in the back you can borrow and-"

"'M alright mate, I'm just a little wet," Paul shrugged, his teeth chattering.

Hands on his hips, John furrowed his brow, "Well sir, you're also dripping all over my floor so I should probably get a million towels and a hoodie for you to wear. Ritchie!!! Get the towels and my Elvis hoodie!!!"

Ringo came out a few moments later with an armful of towels and John's sweater.

John took them from him and went around the counter to Paul. "You better fucking get warm or I'll be cross with you," he wrapped a towel around Paul's shoulders, trying to ignore their closeness.

Paul smiled sweetly at him and took off his drenched coat. He shimmied into John's hoodie, which was slightly too small for him but he seemed to melt into it.

His heart swelled at seeing Paul so cozy in John's clothes. And when he got it back it would smell like Paul!!!

"Warm enough? And don't lie," John told Paul.

"Yes. Thank you," he smiled adorably and John's heart melted.

"Do you like hot chocolate? You look like you would like hot chocolate." Paul nodded slowly. "Ringoooo!! Hot chocolate!!"

"Do it yourself ye daft bastard!!" Ringo yelled back.

John grumbled as he went to go make Paul some hot chocolate.

When he came back, Ringo was chatting up a blushing Paul. Hot waves of jealousy shot through him, and he nearly broke Paul's mug.

Paul smirked at John as he walked over, "So your name's John, is it?"

"Ringo!! You weren't supposed to tell him!!" John set down Paul's cup and huffed. Though hearing his own name in Paul's smooth voice made his skin tingle.

"John," Paul grinned widely, sipping the hot chocolate and rapidly putting it down when he realised it was too hot. The word sent a shiver down John's spine. "Now I know your first and last name!"

"His middle name's Winston," Ringo said quickly.

John buried his face in his hands and groaned.

"John Winston Lennon," Paul smiled to himself.

Fuck he's adorable... I wonder if he would hate me if I kissed him right now... probably...

John gazed at Paul, completely smitten with everything about him. His long eyelashes, the way his nose scrunched up when he smiled, that one strand of hair that refused to cooperate, the little scar on his lip, his arched eyebrows and goofy smile... he was perfect.

"John? You spaced out again love," Paul sniggered. Love...

"Hm? Oh er sorry," John's cheeks burnt with embarrassment.

Paul started to say something, but yawned loudly instead. Fuck- even his yawns are cute.

"Tired, Macca?" asked John with a smile.

Paul yawned again, "No!! I just needed to yawn." He crossed his arms stubbornly and adorably.

"Suuuure," John said sarcastically, "So how was your day?"

"I woke up, went to a couple classes, went on a walk with George, then I did a shit ton of homework and finished in time to see you," Paul grinned, sending a blush to John's cheeks.

John tucked his hair behind his ear, "Who's George?" He tried to sound nonchalant and not insanely jealous.

"Oh he's my best friend in the universe," Paul declared, a huge smile on his face. "Also my roommate. He's the best, and he loves plants and plays guitar. I feel like you would like him."

"You should bring him sometime," John suggested.

Paul shook his head, "He always does his classwork while I'm away, and I don't know if this is really his scene, y'know."

John shrugged, "I'm alright having Macca dear all to myself," he winked. Paul blushed and tried to mask it by rolling his eyes jokingly.

"Get a room!!" Ringo shouted

John blushed deeply and tore his gaze away from Paul.

"So John," Paul asked nonchalantly, "You got a partner?"

"No," John vigorously shook his head. Chill out, he's not hitting on you.

"And uhh- which way do you swing?"

He's definitely hitting on you but don't freak out...

John shrugged, trying to play it cool, "Mostly guys, but occasionally ladies."

Paul nodded, his cheeks turning rosy.

"I think you already told me about you being gay," John rubbed the back of his neck, blushing.

Paul nodded again, "Is uhh- is Ringo gay?"

Ouch- He likes Ritchie... I'm a fucking idiot...

"Yeah," John forced out, his throat tightening, "He's bi."

John didn't look at Paul as he grabbed his keys and hung up his apron, "C'mon Paul."

The drive home was dead silent. Paul kept nervously looking over at John, probably wondering what was going on.

Paul reached out and tentatively touched John's arm. "We're here," John said, tugging his arm away.

"Bye Johnny..."

"Bye."