In Which Paul Flirts With John, and John Can't Handle It

"So... uhm, d'you want me to bring you home now?" John asked, leaning against the counter.

"I suppose so," Paul sighed, "I don't want to be a burden..."

John was aghast. "You're not a burden!! I love having you here!! I just didn't know if you were, y'know, sick of me."

"Course I'm not fuckin' sick of you, you daft bastard!" Paul laughed, sitting on top of the counter with a grin.

"So basically, you don't want to go, and I don't want you to go... so you should stay here!!" John declared, leaning on the counter close to Paul.

Paul scooted closer to John, his knee brushing John's arm. John's heart threatened to burst out of his chest.

"What's up lovebirds?!" Someone shouted, coming through the door. George and Ringo... of course.

Paul leapt off the counter and ran to hug his best friend, "Geo!!"

Ringo stood there giggling at the pair of them.

"What's so funny, Ritchie?" John narrowed his eyes.

"Oh nothing," Ringo laughed a bit more. "Just that you're basically naked and Paul is wearing your favourite shirt in the universe. The shirt I spilled something on and then you wouldn't talk to me for a week..."

Paul's eyebrows shot up as he pulled away from George, "I can take it off if you want me to-"

"You would like that, wouldn't you, Lennon?" Ringo whispered, giggling.

John shoved Ringo's face away, "No, no, you can keep it on Macca. Ritchie's exaggerating."

"No I'm not!" Ringo said quickly, smiling, "That actually happened! I swear it did!!"

Paul snort laughed, butting his head into John's shoulder as he shook with laughter. John's heart pounded, serotonin flooding every inch of his body, as it did every time Paul touched him.

"Woah, your hands are huge!" Paul said, inspecting John's hands as if they were a fine piece of art.

"Heh, yeah, I guess," John replied with his face the color of a tomato. Paul put his hand against John's to illustrate the obvious size difference. Holy shit!! John's legs wobbled under him, his breath hitching.

"They're all big and veiny! You must be able to carry so much," Paul had a strange look in his eyes as he continued talking about John's hands.

John blushed, his hands getting sweaty from Paul's closeness. "Maybe you just have small hands..." he said awkwardly.

"John? Can I talk to you for a mo?" Ringo said, already pulling him out of Paul's grasp.

"What do you want?" John asked, annoyed, as Ringo shut the door behind them.

"YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT!!"

"What? Why?"

Ringo massaged his temples with his ringy fingers. "He couldn't have been more obviously flirting with you."

John froze. "WhaT?!"

"Yeah!! He pressed himself up against your naked chest, tried to find an excuse to take off his shirt, then held your fucking hand, all while praising your hands, which are obviously the most sexy part of the body."

With his lips pursed, John shook his head, "He was just being friendly. And he's really touchy! He just likes being close to people and stuff." John grabbed a shirt and some pants from his closet.

"Not those pants, they don't make your ass look good," Ringo remarked. "He wasn't just being friendly!! That boy is into you, I swear!! Even Georgie thinks so! Not those pants either, the dark ones, no, the other dark ones. You gotta make a move on Paul before he thinks your not interested and dates some other guy, which would break your heart and then you live like a troll under bridges."

"Why would I live under bridges because the guy I like has a boyfriend? That seems like an extreme reaction," John said as he shimmied into the pants and tucked his shirt in.

Ringo shrugged, "The moral of the story is that you gotta get your man."

John sighed and opened the door for Ringo, then followed him out.

"You're so fucking dumb, Macca," George said, shaking his head as John and Ringo stepped in.

Paul opened his mouth to say something else, but stopped when he saw John.

"Nice to see you fully clothed, John," George smiled crookedly, folding his arms.

Paul muttered something incomprehensible under his breath as he took his place by John's side, resting his arm around John's waist.

Fuck, maybe he is flirting with me...

A blush rising on his face, John yawned, stretching his arms up and lowering one down around Paul's shoulders.

George and Ringo facepalmed in sync, as if they had practiced.

I'm trying, okay? John internally screamed at the pair. Meanwhile, Paul leaned comfortably against John, a grin and a pointed look at George on his face.

Paul's hand began to drift slightly downward to John's ass, which Ringo had assured him was highlighted by his tight pants. John's face flooded with bright red as Paul rested his hand on John's butt.

George and Ringo continue chatting quietly, as if nothing was happening. John almost wanted to grab Paul's hand off his ass and push him away, but John was so in love with Paul, that he didn't mind being touched without asking.

In a moment of courage, John let his head rest on Paul's shoulder, his nose at Paul's neck. A smirk formed on John's face when he heard Paul's breath hitch.

Paul began to snake his hand under John's shirt, rubbing the bare skin of his back. Heart beating out of his chest, he coughed loudly into his elbow to hide any sounds he made and his deep blush.

"You alright, Johnny?" Paul asked innocently, putting both hands around John's waist and up his shirt.

"MmmHm," John's voice cracked.

Paul smiled sweetly, "Good." He took his hands away and went to join George and Ringo's conversation.

What the hell was that?!

A/N: Sorry this took so long!! Between school work and a bit of writers block, I haven't accomplished much. I'll try to get the next chapter out as fast as I can :)