Ch I

Gulf Damon, the university heartthrob. This guy was the literal definition of a prince charming. He was the heir to one of the wealthiest families. His face was effortlessly handsome. Big, alluring eyes. The perfectly sculpted nose. Red, plump, kissable lips. A tender jawline. A killer smile. Always perfectly styled hair. Anyone who saw him once would be enticed by his charms. He got multiple confessions every single day, but he would just reject them politely.

Just like a Prince Charming, he was waiting for fate and destiny to introduce him to his soulmate. The one who would be his one and only. The one that Gulf would do anything to protect.

But other than these charms of being a prince, also came the problems. Gulf could never really find himself. He could never get the time to find out his own self. He always had an image of a Damon that he had to carry. He could never go out and enjoy his life like his friend. He was born not to become a person of his own but the puppet his father loves to make dance to his tunes. 

Gulf was given a task by a professor to deliver some files to the Faculty of Music. Not knowing much about this part of the university, he took his best friend Techno with him. They were still on their way to the staff room when a soft melody filled his ears. But Gulf ignored it and continued with the task he was given.

On the way back, the melody had still not faded. It was still there and Gulf wanted to know where it came from. "Ai'No, let's see where this is coming from," Gulf did not wait for a response and dragged him along. After some minutes of wandering around Gulf found the room where the sweet sound was coming from. He peeped in through the half-open door. 

He saw a black piano in the center of the room and the man playing it was facing his back to them. The man's face was not visible as the sunlight coming through the window was too bright. All he could see was, that 'someone' was too drowsed in the tunes. Gulf didn't know why, but he felt something in this tune. Gulf felt happy, he felt contented, he felt freedom, he felt the boldness. These were all those feelings that he had not felt ever even once in his life. He somehow felt alive at this tune. 

"Ai'Gulf, you need to be home in an hour or that father of yours will ground you again!" No reminded his friend. Gulf snapped back to reality and they hurried back. 

Gulf managed to get home on time before his father got back. If there was anything in this world that scared Gulf, it was his father, William Damon. Gulf was in his room, limbs stretched all over the king-sized bed. He had his phone grasped in his hands, chattering with Techno on a call.

[THE CALL]

Gulf: Ai'No, who was that guy?

Techno: Which guy? Damn Gulf! you come across so many guys every day! How am I supposed to know which one are you talking about, huh?

Gulf: You idiot! I'm talking about the one who was playing the piano!

Techno: Oh! that one? Yeah, what about him?

Gulf: Who is he?

Techno: Oh, he is Mew Astor. The invisible prince of the Faculty of Music. He doesn't socialize much. Has only a few friends who are very dear to him, only one actually. He is considered the god of their Faculty. But he does not have a bratty attitude. Though I have never really talked to him in person. He can play so many instruments! He plays drums, piano, guitar, and a lot more. I once got to hear him sing!

Gulf: Really? How was is it?

Techno: Fucking good! His voice is like an angel! I felt all my sins wash away the moment his voice entered my systems. He's the definition of god, I believe. He even got such a handsome face! And he's from a prominent family too! I can't believe that some human being can be so perfect!

Gulf *laughing*: I see. You really are the university's paparazzi, aren't you? Have all sorts of information on people!

Techno: My pleasure to be so. But why did you ask about him? You normally do not take interest in anyone.

Gulf: He's just more interesting than anyone I have met so far. Well, bye. My father's home.

Techno: Happy death to you! Bye. I hope I can still meet you at uni tomorrow.

[CALL END]

Gulf set his phone aside and went downstairs. He did not want to make his father angry the moment he returned. 

"So, how was your day at the university today, son?" his step-mother, Naomi asked. Gulf did not like this woman. He did not know why his father even got married after his mother died. He would be better off without a mother than a pretentious bitch like her as his new 'mother'. For Gulf, she was not even worthy enough to be called a lady, let alone a mother. She was nothing but a pretentious bitch, using their family's money to satisfy her needs. She never even spared a look at Gulf unless William was home. Only if this huge ass manor filled with house helps and loneliness could be even just exaggerated to be called a 'home' and not just a great private property.

Gulf did not want to anger his father, so he just somehow managed to keep up with this woman in this place. Gulf smiled the bitterness of his heart away, "It was like the usual. Sorry, I was tired so I went to my room first and did not meet you right after returning, ...mother" The last word of his reply made him feel the need to throw up. He hated every time he had to call Naomi 'mother'. He missed his mother. But she already left him to go to a place much better than this planet. Though he was envious of her that she no more had to deal with this beast who was once her husband, he was also happy for her. 

"How are your studies?" William asked. Gulf bowed at him a little, "They're absolutely fine father. My GPA has increased a little." William did not care about how Gulf was doing, if he was feeling fine, if his son was interested in some other activity. All he cared about was Gulf's academics. To him, co-curricular activities were a waste of time. And time was money, the only thing he truly ever cared for. Gulf had gotten used to this nature of his father since younger.

He always wanted his father to appreciate him. But the aristocrat never even cared for him. Gulf wanted to outshine in his father's eyes. But his father's eyes were never even on him to even see him. All his father saw in Gulf was, not a child whose childhood was taken away, not a teen who was depressed, not a human who had his own set of feelings, but just an heir to his business empire.

"Good to hear that," William nodded his head. Gulf made an excuse, "I will now go back to my room. I have assignments to do. Good night father,... mother." Gulf started to walk away when Willian nodded at him twice. 

______________________________________

So, what do you think of this story? Please tell na

Please vote and comment 

- Wan <3