Ch II

***UNIVERSITY***

LHONG'S POV...

I was on my way to the music room, where Mew is. I had one cup of smoothie in both my hands, one for me and one for Mew, and my headphones plugged into my ears. I was swaying to the rhythm when I saw someone standing at the door of the music room. One thing I know for sure, they were not from our faculty. Anybody in the faculty knows that peeping on my friend while he is playing music alone after classes is troublesome. 

This is the time when he likes to let his feelings lose. He plays music not for marks or knowledge or any shit like that, but for what his heart feels. I sure am friends with a weirdo, I think. But he's fun to be with. Mew is a fragile person so he does not trust everyone. But because of being fragile he also knows how to be considerate of other people's feelings. I have been his friend since forever. 

We first met as toddlers. Our parents are old friends. He was sitting in a corner at a party when I spotted him acting like he was enjoying it all. It was so clear on his face that he was bored the hell out of. But the nice kid in him kept on refusing when people asked him if he was getting bored. He would simply refuse them by saying, "No, I am enjoying it very much. Thank you for asking, though." He was a prince charming material since ever. I had approached him with ice cream in my hands. He refused the ice cream and my company at first but when I spat the truth on his face, he accepted my friendship.

And we have stuck together ever since. Now, we are like real brothers. I have to be the savior as he is the Mr. Stupid Gentleman. I have to be on the lookout for him all the time. I can never rest because of this idiot. He does not even know how to reject when people ask him out. He would literally say 'no' and then start complimenting them so that they do not feel bad.  Dude! if there are so many good points about someone, how can you reject them? Like, he seriously is the best at digging his own grave. 

His parents are always so worried about him. But thanks to me they can have a rest and not think much about this stupid man. Though he's not always that stupid. He helped me when I was courting my boyfriend. I remember failing for a whole year straight. And then just one consultation from him and Turbo was kissing me in the middle of a crowd. I remember how everyone around us was hooting at us and hyping us up. 

Suddenly one of the two men said something and the other turned pale. I could not see their faces as they had their backs facing me. The guy who turned pale held the other man and started to drag him along. They were walking away like a tornado. So much in hurry. But I saw who they were. And my eyes couldn't believe the face I just saw.

University's Prince Charming!?

What was he doing here? He is from some other faculty. Maybe he was here for some sort of work. But what was he doing standing in front of the music room? Mew is the one in there, right? Don't tell me... was he admiring my friend?! I bet Mew did not notice him there. He is always too absorbed in playing the tunes whenever left alone with an instrument he knows to play. 

I barged into the music room after my short marathon. I banged open the door and Mew turned his head to glare at me. Oopsies! Looks like I interrupted at the wrong time. Now I have to plan how to save my ass from him. Maybe running to his parents can help. Or maybe... telling him what I just saw?

"Can't you be silent?" Mew shot at me as soon as his eyes landed on me. I gave a sheepish smile and sat beside him. He took his strawberry smoothie from me with a grumpy face. What is this about? This guy is nice to everybody in this world but me! I should not have befriended this grumpy head. It can't be changed now, can it?

I sighed and took in a long breath. "Why the hell were you running anyway?" he asked me. I looked at him and smirked. He squinted his eyes. That's how he looks when he wants to interrogate someone. And yeah, that 'someone' is always me.