ch XII

"It's the final braincell!!! Mi-ni-ni-nuuuu Mi-ni-ni-nu-ni~~~"

Wannie done for the day. Unedited chapter. Happy reading.

- Wannie

_______________________

*FLASHBACK. 16 YRS AGO. GAWINxGULF WEDDING DAY*

"Gulf Damon, do you take Gawin Scott as your lawfully wedded husband?" the priest turned to Gulf, bringing him out of my world of misery. Gulf looked at him and then at Gawin who gave me a warning look. Gulping down his tears, he huffed out a breath as he caught the Astors walking to the exit.

Turning back to the priest, he nodded with his head shivering at realizing how every single word Techno said to him this morning was nothing but the truth. He felt like he was nothing more than a pathetic piece of shit who thinks he is always right. But what can he do? Did he have any other choice other than listening to what William says if he wants a silent life?

Biting the inside of his cheeks, Gulf opened his mouth as the only answer available rolled out of his mouth. His head was still a mess. What Samuel talked about last night, what Techno said this morning, Mew's text, his parents being here... All of it turned into a tornado of revolving voices in Gulf's head. One voice superseding the other as he gave in to my father's command.

Or so he thought.

His mouth opened as his eyes stuck themselves to the guests leaving. Parting his lips, Gulf spouted things he never knew he had the could.

"I, Gulf Damon... Do not take him as my husband." Gulf eyes moved to his frowning father. William glared at him with a warning look but his dear son could not care any further. "Umm, you do know what you're saying, right?" the priest whispered to Gulf. The latter shook his head, scoffing, "I can't be more sure of it. I never wanted this marriage, no-one did. This asks too much sacrifice, I can't manage that!" "What are you saying, Gulf?!" William roared, his fists ragefully clenching.

"I'm only saying what's true! I- I can't handle this anymore... I can't handle you anymore. You manipulated me into leaving the man I actually love," Gulf whispered, his voice loud enough for his father to hear every syllable clearly. His jaw tightened, "And it's not just my lover I lost because of you. My oldest friend left me... Because of what I have become, all thanks to you."

"I can't do this, I'm leaving," Gulf threw his coat down to the floor, getting off the alter. Just as he tried to leave the hall as well, William caught his wrist, growling, "Stop this drama and get back there. If you dare step out of this hall, forget that you were a Damon once; I'll disown you without a second thought." Gulf tilted his head to face his father, ferocious than ever. He gave a mocking smirk, "Really? You would? That would be the best. Thank you for doing at least one thing for me, father." He harshly pulled his hand away and stormed to the door as the whole crowd stared at him, oblivious.

"He's still at the airport. You have one hour to get to him," Mrs. Astor worded out, proud of Gulf for standing up for himself. "And the airport is only about twenty minutes away from here," Mr. Astor smiled at him, urging him to go ahead, "At least, clear the situation with him." And with that, Gulf finally exited his cage, leaving a fuming William behind.

"Good, this shit's over," Gawin stretched his arms, walking away from the alter as well. "Looks like your plans to not have this marriage ruined just got ruined," Gawin chuckled, stuffing his hands into his pockets and whisteling a tune of his own as he, too, walked out.

***AIRPORT***

Gulf drove the car Samuel had readied for him like a maniac. He was forced to slow down when he reached the airport. His eyes swept to every corner, trying to find that one face he needed to see. The face he better not miss.