Ch VII

Been a long time here, right? Well, brace yourselves

- Wannie

P.s. So sorry na kha.
__________________________________________

"Then, I guess you also remember that you were engaged to Gawin Scott, back when you were six."

Gulf's blood ran cold. Can he still fight? But he had not even begun fighting. He had to try at least. Right?

"But I have a boyfriend!" Gulf exclaimed. Shock, determination, loyalty, fear were all shining on his face. William smirked, Of course, I know that. Gulf saw the smirk and he knew it, He is doing it intentionally. "So?" William asked, an indifferent cold tone on both his face and speech. Gulf gasped at how dense his father was being, "I have a boyfriend, and I am very happy with him. I don't care about that engagement." William darted his eyes at Gulf, "Now you know how to talk back? That boyfriend of yours, he sure is a bad influence."

"Just cancel this engagement," Gulf was not letting Mew go over this matter. Ever. "I get it, you have a boyfriend. But the marriage was set years ago, so, now it will not be canceled. As for that little boyfriend of yours... break up," William said it as if it was a rhetorical question. Gulf slammed his hands on the table, "Am I your own? Why the heck can't you see me being happy for once?" William gritted his teeth. Now his son knew how to talk back. Where had the scaredy-cat that he knew for years gone? William clenched his jaw to calm himself, "Happiness can be changed. It's never permanent. But the empire I have built for you can not change. I know what a soft person you are, and that you need someone to help you run my empire! And Gawin is a perfect choice." His words were a declaration.

Gulf had surely not fought enough to submit and surrender to the old man in front of him.

"All you care about is your empire! How can you be so heartless towards your son?! I am not listening to you this time," Gulf said in a declaring tone too. William lowered his head and smirked before looking back up, right into his son's determined eyes. He knew how to make his son agree with him perfectly. He looked at Gulf's eyes straight, "I'm not so heartless after all, in my defense... It's Thursday, today. I am leaving for a business trip tomorrow morning and will return next Sunday. So..." "Business again," Gulf cursed under his breath. "You have more than a week to spend with that guy. But break up by next weekend. But if I am back and you haven't broken up by then, I will be forced to take the matters in my hands," William announced, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

'I take the matters in my hands' these words were continuously ringing in Gulf's head. These were the scariest words his father could ever say. But he had to fight better to get what he wants.

"What if I don't obey?" Gulf spat. William raised his brows, "Then... things will get ugly. He's Mew Astor, right? Heir to Astor family, their only child. Majoring in music?" Gulf's confidence left him stranded. He no more could fight. His father knew so much. He lost. But he still had to find a way to keep Mew safe at least. "I think you know your father well, my son. You should know just what can I do. Do you want your boyfriend to suffer because you chose not to obey your father?" William said eerily.

Gulf was frozen in his spot. Eyes wide in horror. Tension invading his whole existence. William got up and left to his room. Naomi, who witnessed it all silently, sighed and waited for Gulf's next move. Gulf got up to run to his room. It was getting hard for him to breathe here.

Gulf slammed the door shut before rummaging around to find his phone. He found it on his bedside table. The lock screen wallpaper was a picture of his Mew smiling like an angel that he was and extending his arm towards Gulf to hold it. Gulf's hand was captured in it too, holding onto Mew's veiny hand securely, not wanting to let go. He unlocked it quickly and his home screen wallpaper of Mew kissing his head while he giggles and hugs him tight welcomed his sight.