ch XI

Unedited. Alien tired. Happy reading.

- Wannie

_________________________

MEW'S POV...

I stood at the airport, alone.

Mom and Dad had gone to his wedding. I really do not understand why, though. Lhong and Turbo can not make it because they have an exam today. Mild will most probably be at the wedding too. Well, he can not miss his childhood best friend's wedding, can he? If Lhong was to get married, I would surely go there even if I had to travel across the whole world for it.

But mom said they would come and bid me farewell, at least. I am hanging on that little thread of hope. To see my parents for one last time before I disappear for years. I need to wait for them out here because if I step past that gate, I can't come back out.

Having nothing to do, I was surfing randomly through the internet. I checked out random quizzes, surveys, Wikipedia pages, and... news.

All news channels are just full of the one thing I am trying my best to ignore. I feel as if that old bastard intentionally hired these many journalists. Like he wants to target me. But I am a fool as well. Just like a moth drawn to a flame that will burn it, I opened one of those live videos.

Everything indeed was decorated beautifully. Just how Gulf ever described a wedding he would want for himself. The simple and traditional decor, in a church. And that is just what it is. The reporter kept speaking nonsense which I did not even pay mind to. All my focus was on my little caged angel.

He was wearing a white suit that had a black collar. A little bouquet-like thing emerged from his chest pocket. That coat hugged his slim waist just right. His lean, golden body looked even more angelic when clad in those clothes. My little angel.

I didn't know how to react to my baby. All I want to do right now is to grab him by his waist and pull him close to my heart. I want to hold him close and kiss his little nose.

My baby's eyes visibly look red and swollen, there are bags under them. He looks like he has not slept well in a long time.

I want to free him of that formal attire and put one of my shirts on him. I love seeing how tiny he looks in my clothes. I want to lay him on my bed and lay down right beside him. I want to rest his head on top of my heart which beats to his rhythm. I want to hug his body close, feel his warmth. I want to pat his fluffy head. I want to sing our song into his ears, whispering all those words to soothe his messy thoughts and put him to sleep.

But I can't.

I... 

We're over. He's not mine anymore. He stopped being mine the moment I spouted the first hurtful word to him. I do not deserve this angel.

He's getting married. Today.

I am leaving this country. Today.

We can no more meet even by a mistake. He'll live his own life and I'll have to live my own. I will never see him smile to my face again. I'll never get to hold his hands in mine again. I'll never get to embrace myself in his warmth again. I'll never get to hear that husky morning voice of him. Never get to see his bed hair, barely open eyes. I'll never see him stand by my side... ever again. I'll never get pinch his soft cheeks again. I'll never... kiss his addictive lips again.

Because he... is not mine anymore.

"Put that away. Stop thinking about him!" I heard a voice behind me and quickly closed my phone. It was Techno. He was wearing a tux. Hitting my head, he wiped away my tears that I was unaware of.