starry knight [jung wheein]

Your P.O.V.

God, why me?

It's a Thursday night and all I've been hearing is the loud bass coming from the huge ass speakers from my neighbours house. I really hate parties, it's an introvert's nightmare. It's like entering hell with dancing demons. All the people from our local high school were invited. Yes, that includes me.

The thing is, I really don't like parties but I realized that this was my last year of high school. Might as well grab the chance for new experiences right? I put on my best party outfit, well based from my perspective. I don't dress up much so I think this is okay. I wore black skinny jeans, a white shirt and a black jacket. Knowing my neighbour Hwasa, it's definitely going to be a half college and half high school kind of party.

I received a call a few moments after finishing up.

Incoming Call - Jinnie

Hwasa

You

Yah, what time are you coming over? I have to introduce you to my friends.

I'm already heading over to your house, meet me at the door.

We have a doorbell, dipshit.

With the loud music and all, you won't hear me. Now start walking and wait for me at your doorstep, cranky ass.

Fine fine, love you bye.

I hang up and start walking. We live like just 3 houses away so it's pretty near. You might think "How is she allowed to have a party on a school night?". Well here's the thing, Hwasa is the daughter of the town's mayor. No, she's not a spoiled brat. She just really does this every once in a while and it's the first time this month.

The whole neighbourhood would complain, but they also benefit from her family because they get invited to a boomer only party so all is fair and equal.

I arrived at her house to see Hwasa and a blonde girl next to her. She cheered and gave me a hug.

"Ugh finally, out of my hundreds of parties you've finally decided to attend. Come in! We got some drinks that are spiked. Don't worry, I got you your favorite Iced Tea and it is all yours my love." Hwasa teasingly said as she poked my cheeks. "You look good by the way. I don't think I've ever seen you wear something like this other than hoodies and sweaters."

"I wanted a change. Plus, I had to fit in somehow." I smiled as she led me to the kitchen.

"Ah by the way, Y/n this is Solar-unnie. The orange haired right there is her girlfriend so don't even think about it okay?"

"You're making me sound like I already did that before Jinnie, sheesh." I turned to Solar and offered my hand for a handshake.

"Hi, I'm Y/n, Hwasa's neighbour and also a childhood friend." I spoke nervously, was that too formal? I felt someone pull my hand into a hug.

"Hi! I finally met someone who's not like Hyejin over here." She spoke as she rubbed my back while hugging me.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, look around you, everyone's all going wild and shit while this little one over here is like a breath of fresh air." Solar spoke as she pinched my cheeks. What the hell is up with these women and cheeks?

"Well, that's kind of true. Y/n over here keeps me on track with my school responsibilities. Thanks Y/n-nie, I owe you one million." She left me with a wink and walked away. Leaving me and Solar.