we were and then we weren't (kim sojung)

: non-idol Sowon :)

Angsty angsty angst

Does it still keep hurting or do we just get used to it?

2:00 am

The room never felt so cold. Empty sheets, wet pillow, and the sound of the wind hitting the windows.

4:00 am

It got colder. Water started dripping from the roof, the sound of thunder shocked you, and you were still alone.

8:00 am

Prepare for work, that was the first on your routine everyday. You used to be spontaneous, go to work, do something fun afterwards, go to a place you've never been to before; now you just felt like not doing anything. Going to work equates to dragging your ass out of the house, putting on your best fake smile, and just waiting for the day to finish. We sometimes wonder what would be best to do today, but not actually do it. It happens to you every time. You lacked compassion, passion in general, and your heart. 

As cheesy as it sounds, it has been months since you last saw your girlfriend, Sowon. She was on a business trip that lasts 3 months with her best friend and workmate Eunha. You were very understanding about the situation and prayed for her safety every time. You can't be understanding all the time and Sowon understood that. People have their weak days too, and that's okay. For some reason. You haven't been well lately, normally weak days were supposed to be... well DAYS. For you, it's been months.

Today you decided to get on with the day and just wing it. You were a professor majoring in English Literature for elementary students. Entering the classroom, your students quickly sat down and greeted you good morning.

"Good morning class, I see you are all well today? How was your weekends?" You asked happily, showing your best smile.

"We went to a water park with my extended family!" A student named Cheska, she wore a bright coloured shirt and you could visibly see that she got a tan.

"I went out with my friends and we went to the arcade." A boy named Jackson spoke as he raised his hand. You made sure that you called everyone to hear about what they've done during the weekends.

"Well what about you Ms. Y/n? What did you do during the weekends?" A kid named Clarke. More children a green and asked how your weekend was.

You didn't know how to answer the question, they were too young to understand what you felt. As children, they've always had a colourful and bright perspective. Everything is in place, intact, we play all day and just enjoy life. But how do you tell a child that you've been drowning yourself in words that you used to believe in? Words that were once had a deeper meaning to it, but now it's just empty. You keep praying for a miracle that maybe these words may make sense again.

"It was great! I hang out with my friends and we also went on a road trip!" You spoke enthusiastically. The children cheered and talked about how cool that would be.

You started your class with little brain exercises, asking the kids about last weeks lessons and rearranging puzzles.

"Alright now we're going to talk about your introduction to poetry. Now each of you will be given a random topic to make a poem out of. You will be in pairs so that it will be easier for you to write one, are we clear?" They shouted in agreement and started picking from the bowl.