rotation [kim hyunjung]

[seola wjsn]

angst x fluff

Life does not stop for anybody.

Y/n's P.O.V.

Rain was pouring heavily outside. I went out for a small walk to clear my head. It has been one of my routines to do this as I have read that walking helps with the circulation of our blood. I know that it does not make sense, but I have been feeling pretty locked up lately. Everything was suffocating me. Work, family, and just myself in general. I strolled around the community and stumbled upon a familiar area. A local playground.

••••

"Stop!" She screamed, while laughing her ass off.

"Nope! What if I don't want to?" I teased, doing my best to exert more weight on the seesaw.

"You're such a meanie!!" the 16-year-old once again screamed as I lifted her as high as I could.

We bickered for a few more minutes, until I gave up and made her land safely on her feet. We stared at each other for a few minutes, before bursting into laughter.

"You should've seen your face! Hahaha, you were so scared!"

"Who wouldn't be? This was the highest you've gotten me, and I can't even do that to you cause you're stronger!" She argued. Underneath all these arguments, no anger was behind it. We were always like this. We've never really argued about big things. It was more of like a "Give it back you idiot" and a "Alright, but can we share?" type of thing. We always end up sharing and giving in to each other. It was funny because we were so young, yet we knew what giving and taking meant.

"What's going on in your head? You're quiet again." Placing a hand on my face and giving it a small squeeze.

"Life is better with you in it." I blurted out. Silence filled the air, I looked up to meet her eyes and caught her staring at me with a soft smile on her face. "This tsundere, you can't just say things like that with a poker face and a without warning!" She reasoned, I shot her a smile and engulfed her in a hug. "You're so dramatic." She said, not wanting to hug me back. "I'm dramatic? You've been making skits as If you're in one of those dramas you're a fond of and I'm dramatic??" Placing a hand on my chest, putting an emphasis on "I'm". She smiled and ruffled my hair. I swatted her hand away and started tickling her.

••••

I chuckled at the sudden flashback. Life was good, wasn't it? It felt like it was just you and me that time. Why did we let things get between us? Were you tired? I often wondered why it happened. I'm not sure if we deserved that, but I guess it was what was best at the time.

I walked around the busy streets of Seoul, trying to find some good food. It was my first week off after months of continuous work, I work as a nurse by the way. So, we know how that went. I entered a restaurant called "Hoban". The area was busy, I'm guessing it's because the weekend. I figured I go to a coffee shop instead. I went inside this aesthetic looking coffee shop nearby and ordered an iced cappuccino and a slice of tiramisu.

I sat by the windows and brought out my journal. I started writing about the place I was in and started to add a few sketches here and there. I have troubles with my memory, so I try my best to remember everything through sketches. Yes, I have a phone! I'm not that much of a boomer damn. I just don't want to use it too much as I feel like the essence of relaxation and memory gets taken away with gadgets. Plus, I like art! I hear my name being called and I stood up to go collect my order.

"Y/n?" The barista called out. "That's me!" I smiled, getting the tray from her.

"Son Y/n?" A voice behind me asked. I turned around slowly and studied the persons eyes, she was wearing a mask and that's all I could see. I stared at the person, confused as to why she knows my name. I walked straight to my table trying to ignore the presence of the psycho woman behind me. After placing my tray on my table, I felt hands turn my shoulder around.