before I let go [park chaeyoung]

angst

------------------

Unrequited love is the worst.

I mean who wants to fall in love with someone who clearly has no intention of loving them back?

Pretty dumb.

Who even created that?

Damn it.

You come home from work to see a white envelope with your name engraved on it.

Fancy, you thought. (ooh :))

You felt your heartache as you saw that you were invited to your "best friend's" wedding. When you found out about the engagement thing, you had mixed feelings.

Of course, you were happy that Chaeyoung was happy. She called you and was screaming her lungs out saying that she was finally engaged to her girlfriend, Jisoo. Yet at the same time, you couldn't help but feel helpless. You were too late. Your chances were never going to come.

You laid in your bed, thinking of what could've been if you weren't a coward.

TIMESKIP

2 months left until the wedding.

You and Chaeyoung haven't spoken since. She assumed that you were just really busy with work since you are both an artist and a producer. You had 2 comebacks to prepare for. Oh, one more thing, you are chosen to be her best man... but in this case, woman. Oh, how amazing. What could possibly go wrong?

Your P.O.V

Another day at work and another day of ignoring Chaeyoung, you really didn't want to but you kind of have no choice but to text her back.

From rosepasta:

Hey Y/n, I know you've been busy with your stuff plus Tuesday is a really busy day for you, but I was wondering if we could hang out on Saturday?

Hope you reply! xx -Roseanne

From rosepasta:

Hey! I just wanna remind you of that thing tomorrow. I mean it's okay if you can't make it but I really need to see you tomorrow.

Text me back please. xx

I need to reply, I've already seen her message anyway.

To rosepasta:

Hey, sorry for being busy lately. I'll see you tomorrow. Where do we meet? x

From rosepasta:

Our usual cafe? The one with the delicious sandwich?

To rosepasta:

Alright, at 3 pm, take care okay? See you tomorrow.

Love, Y/n x

I sighed, I hope I didn't sound too cold.

Saturday

I went to our usual cafe earlier just to get a breather. I haven't seen her in months what do you expect? I had to prepare myself for the worst.

I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice that someone sat in front of me.

"Hey beef cheek, what are you doing?" she looked at me concerned.

"O-Oh hey Rosie, how have you been?" I stood up and gave her a hug.

How I've missed this girl.

"I've been good, very busy you know?" she said, excitement evident in her voice.