college things [im nayeon] 2

Fluff

Today's the day that I finally tell Nayeon unnie about what I feel! I got her a really pretty locket with her name engraved on it. Inside is the first picture that we took together during middle school and the second one is a recent picture that we took on our first day of college. I set up the dinner I made and made some fancy decorations. A+ for being extra haha. I texted Nayeon unnie to come home immediately. Now, the waiting begins. 

Y/n's POV

It's almost 8 pm and I'm still here waiting for Nayeon unnie to come home. I checked my phone to see if she texted me, but she didn't. Did she forget? I hope not. Let's wait for a few more. 

8:30 

Where could she possibly be? I received a text message, it was from Nayeon.

From bully unnie:

Hey Y/n, I'm out with Derrick right now, but I'll be home in a bit. 

I felt tears slowly forming in my eyes. What's going on between them? She rarely talks about him and I barely see her anyway. Am I too late? Did I mess up before even doing anything? I locked myself in the bathroom and cried my eyes out. After a few minutes, I heard the front door unlocking. I quickly fixed myself up and made sure that I had no tear stains left on my cheeks. I went out and saw Nayeon unnie with...

-

-

-

-

cake and a bag filled with snacks. I smiled, she didn't forget, but that doesn't change the fact that she went out with Derric for God knows how long. She carefully placed the cake and snacks on the counter and went up to me. She hugged me tightly and kissed my shoulder. "I'm sorry I'm late. I'll heat up the food if you want?" She looked at me softly, worried that I might be upset. I was, but seeing her like this, It's really hard to get mad at this woman you know? "It's okay, I'll do it. Go freshen up." I said and smiled. She knows when I'm upset, judging by the tone of my voice and her face, she knew. I heard her sigh as she goes to the bathroom. Alright, let's do this again. 

No one's POV

As you prepares the food, Nayeon can't help but think about the younger one. How grateful she is to have someone like you. How thankful she is that you keep her balanced. How much she-

Her thoughts were disturbed as she heard the sound of a plate breaking. She quickly finished showering and went to Y/n. She shook her head at the sight, there you are, picking up the pieces. Being clumsy as fuck really had its cons, you thought. Nayeon helped you clean up and checked up on you, making sure you had no cuts. You, again, prepared the table and lit the candle in the middle of the cake. 

Nayeon's POV

She's a dork, but she's my dork. I laughed at her trying to make up a celebration song for the friendsary thing. We ate and talked about how our lives have been. We are living together, but due to our busy schedules, it makes it hard for us to see each other. "I have something to tell you, just promise me that after I do.. you won't hate me?" y/n said. I looked at her with worry eyes, her tone was... different. It sent shivers down my spine. It felt like she was going to deliver some bad news. "I would never hate you, you know that right? Now tell me, what is it?"I said, trying to keep my calm. She held my hands and pulled up an envelope. It was a handwritten letter. I smiled and nervously looked at her. I carefully opened it and read it

Dear Im Nayeon-unnie,

By the time you'd be reading this letter, It's probably the perfect time that I've chosen to say this to you. We've been best friends since we were 12 and you being you, I knew I had to protect you. Even if I was younger than you, you never treated me differently. You took care of me as much as I took care of you, sometimes maybe even more. I'm not good with words, we both know that. I wanted to tell you face-to-face, but I'm afraid of what you might think. I'm gay, but that's not really what I wanted to say. I'm in love with you.  I have always been since I saw you enter the classroom with your cute glasses on and your little bangs that are almost covering your eyes. The first time you've introduced yourself to little shy me. Ending it with not a handshake, but with a hug. I agree, in my eyes, you were a bit peculiar.. but nonetheless I love that about you. When you got your heartbroken over some fling that you had back in high school, I vowed to myself that I would never let anyone hurt you again even if it was going to hurt. I've been denying my feelings for too long. I don't know what's going on between you and Derrick, but whatever it is. I hope that he makes you happy. I hope that nothing changes between us. I love you. You don't have to say it back, all that matters is that I finally grew some balls to tell you and let you know. Now look at me.

I slowly lifted my head up to meet Y/n's eyes to see nothing but a small paper bag with a note. 

Hey, Happy Friendship Anniversary unnie! I hope you like my present, it isn't much but I hope that it makes you smile.

                                                                                   Love, Y/n (your favorite person)

I opened the paper bag to see a small box, slowly opening it. I smiled and saw a locket with my name engraved on it. It had a paper stuck in between. I carefully opened it and saw another note.

You don't have to wear this every time, I just wanted to give you something to remind you that wherever you are, no matter what, I will be there for you. Always. I love you. 

I felt tears threatening to spill as I looked for Y/n to see her out the balcony wiping her tears. I slowly wrapped my arms around her and made her turn around. I cupped her face and asked  "Why are you crying?" she cried harder and buried her face in her hands "You hate me don't you? I fucked up, didn't I? I know you're with that Derrick guy. I should've just-"

I cut her off with a loud laugh.

Y/n's POV

I looked at her confused. "What's so funny? Nothing is. Why the fuck are you laughing then?" She laughed harder, you know like her infamous laugh? THAT LAUGH. "It's just that- HAHAHAHA you thought - HAHAHAH- that HAHAHAHA" I looked at her even more confused, what is wrong with this girl? I went inside the apartment and pulled her in with me. I cupped her cheeks and stared at her worried. "Are you okay? Are you drunk?" 

"You're so stupid aren't you? First of all, Derrick is gay. I was with him so I could get you a present. Second, he's the only one who knows about what I feel for you. Third, I'm in love with you too pabo." she said in between her laughs. Holy shit did I just hear that right? "I'm sorry what?" I asked, still confused about the whole situation. 

"I am in love with you too, Y/n." Nayeon said as she wrapped her arms around my neck and slowly pulled me close to her. "I always have." she leaned in and kissed me softly. HOLY SHIT IM NAYEON THE LOVE OF MY LIFE THE GODDESS THE AMAZING BUNNY IS FUCKING KISSING ME HOLY FUCK WHAT AM I-

"Hey? Earth to y/n? did you change your mind? Why aren't you kissing me back?" she asked with tears in her eyes. Fuck.

Nayeon's POV

Fuck did she change her mind? Was that too fast?

I was pulled away from my thoughts when I felt soft lips on mine. I reciprocated and kissed her softly. We stayed like that for a few minutes until she pulled away. "I'm sorry, I couldn't process what was happening. Do you really mean that? because I'm not taking it back. I love you." She smiled and kissed my forehead tenderly. She may be young, but she's really matured when it comes to me. I admired that about her. "I love you too, so much Y/n. I meant every word." I whispered as i hugged her tightly. "Okay, now where's my gift?" she asked, ruining the moment.

I softly hit her chest and kissed her once more. "I love you Y/n. Just you. Happy Friendsary, may there be more anniversaries but without the friend part."

---------------------------------------

Ah, okay that's it. That was shitty I'm sorry.

VOTE COMMENT AND SEND YOUR REQUESTS

LOVE YOU ALL. :)