Chapter 9: Cat Demon

It was early in the morning, right before the sunrise. Sakura woke up couple of hours early, hoping to avoid her roommates. Sakura quickly washed up and put on her school uniform. She quickly put on her rollerblade. Ever since that weird night, Sakura thought it was best not to get too involved with her roommates. All she had to do was collect their rent fees and wait for her brother, Touya, to return. In the meantime, Sakura decided to avoid her roommate at all cost.

"What are you doing up?" Sakura froze as she heard Eriol's voice behind her. Sakura slowly turned around as she can feel her heart beating rapidly. Why was he up so early? Or did he just come home?

"I'm going to school," said Sakura. Sakura eyes widen as she could smell the scent of blood.

"What's this smell? Blood?" thought Sakura as she suddenly felt terrified. Sakura remembered back when she smelt the scent of blood the other night. Sakura never questioned that night. She thought it was best to ignore it and pretend it never happened. But whose blood can she be smelling this time? Could it be Eriol's blood? Or someone else?

"This early in the morning?" questioned Eriol, suspiciously. Eriol's slowly panted as he began to breathe heavily. The blood slowly dripped down his left hand. Eriol's left hand was covered with blood. There was a deep scar running down his palm. He didn't expect to bump into Sakura. Should he knock her out and play it safe? Or...

"I always leave early," said Sakura as she tried to behave normal.

"That's right... She can't see me," thought Eriol, feeling relief. Eriol squeezed his hand tightly, hoping the blood will stop dripping. Eriol grunted as he could feel the sharp pain.

"Here," said Sakura as she pulled out her handkerchief from her bag. Eriol stared at the pink handkerchief oddly.

"Why are you giving me this?" asked Eriol, suspiciously.

'Great, what am I supposed to say? I could smell the blood from you?' thought Sakura.

"It's just sound like you have a cold," said Sakura. Eriol slowly stood up straight and grabbed the pink handkerchief.

"Cold?" retorted Eriol as he glared at Sakura, suspiciously.

"Isn't that why you're sniffing?" said Sakura.

"There is no way she knows that I'm bleeding, or does she?" thought Eriol as he looked at up Sakura's innocent emerald eyes. He can't let any of his roommates know about his injury.

'I have to make sure she doesn't know anything,' thought Eriol.

"Let's go together," offered Eriol.

"Together?" retorted Sakura, feeling surprised and suspicious at the same time. This wasn't like Eriol. Although Yukito always ask Eriol and Syaoran to take her to school every morning, Eriol was the one who leaves without her. So why now? Why go to school with her now?

"Yeah, let's go to school together," said Eriol as he grinned.

"He got to be kidding me," thought Sakura in disbelief.

"No need! I can go by myself," said Sakura.

"I never been to school this early, so I'm curious," said Eriol.

"Curious? There is nothing to be curious about! I just go to avoid people," explained Sakura, hoping that Eriol will change his mind about joining her.

"Give me two minutes, I'll get changed," said Eriol as he quickly walked inside the house.

"What is going on? This has to be a trap. I got to get out of here. No way, I'm going school with him," said Sakura as she began to ride her rollerblade.