Sick Peter

"Right kiddos. I am off to work. Make sure you get Peter up." Erik walked to the door. "Why do we have to wake up Peter?" Pietro whinned "Hes your brother and I have to leave for work." "Ugh. I knew having a brother would have a Down side somewhere." Pietro jumped off the sofa and ran upstairs.

"Hey short stuff, get up." Pietro shook Peter but got a groan in response. Peter's head was pounding and even the thought of food made him sick. "C'mon dad wants me to wake you up so please." He ruffled Peter's hair "Get off me." Pietro was taken back by this statement because usually, Peter would be punching him right now. He yanked back the cover and saw Peter's face was white as a cloud. "That can't be good."

Peter whimpered at the cold and curled into a ball. "Oh right!" Pietro covered him back up quickly. "Don't move or run anywhere. I am gonna get Wanda." Pietro made sure he shut the curtains again and super sped out of the room.

"Wanda! I need your help! Where do we keep the medicine!?" "Woah Pi calm down! Where Peter? Is he ok?" Wanda was getting worried "Nah the kids sick!" "Oh shit that's not good. It's in the top cabinet on the right." Wanda directed him before running to Peter's room.

"Hey Pete. How you feeling?" Wanda asked in a soothing tone and sat next to Peter, stroking his head. Peter subconsciously leaned into the touch. Wanda placed a hand under the strands of Peter's hair on his forehead "Oh kiddo, your burning up. Come here." She cooed, rubbing his head gently. Peter sniffled and shut his eyes.

Pietro burst into the room, holding water and medicine. "Keep it down!" Wanda gestured to Peter then turned back to the half asleep silver haired boy. "Peter. We got some medicine." "No." Peter protested "Well then looks like we are gonna have to call dad and tell him that your ill and not listening to your big brother and sister then. He will go into full protection mode." Pietro sighed a fake sigh. "No no! I'll do it!" Peter said, sitting up. "Ok here you go."

Peter gulped it down and made a gagging noise. "I know buddy, I know." Pietro said whilst he rubbed Peter's back in circles. "Yuck." He gagged "Its alright." Wanda reassured him and handed him the water, which he hesitated to drink, but knew he had to.

At around 9, Wanda suggested "How about we go watch a movie." And Peter's eyes lit up with excitement "Yes!" He shouted and got up a little to fast. He went all dizzy and fell back into Pietro's arms. "Ok let's try a different way." Pietro scooped Peter up bridal style and carried him down the hallway "Geez kid, could you be any lighter." He joked and placed a hand on Peter's forehead checking his temperature again "God now your freezing." He wrapped Peter up in a blanket and the boy curled into a ball. Pietro sat down on his left and put an arm round his little brother, pulling him into a hug. Wanda soon joined, sitting on Peter's right and eventually, Peter's head ended up in Wanda's lap and his feet on Pietro's.

It was 11 at night by the time Erik walked in and stopped dead in his tracks. He smiled and laughed quietly. All his kids were asleep on the sofa. He snapped another photo for the album and walked over "Hey Pietro. Wake up!" He whispered "Hey dad." Pietro rubbed his eyes "Mind taking your brother to bed. He looks a bit pale." "Oh yeah. I'll do that." Pietro scooped up his sleeping brother and layed him in his bed and walked out.

By the time he got back, Wanda was sitting sleepily at the table. "Before we all go to bed, mind telling me what happened to Peter?" Erik asked "Oh he was ill but he's fine now." Wanda said "That explains why he looked so pale." "Yeah we gave him medicine. He should be better tommrow." Pietro chimmed in "Thank you. For taking care of him." Erik thanked them "Yeah he is really whinny when he is ill though. Like a little kid he is." Pietro smiled "Isn't he always." Wanda exclaimed making everyone laugh, and they all went to their rooms.

Meanwhile, in Peter's room, he half woke up to it raining slightly outside. He saw a dark figure in the corner of his room. "Uhh Pietro, Wanda? Dad?" He called out "Shhh little one." The voice was soft but laced with venom. Peter sat up more in his bed and then realised, he couldn't move. It was like he was glued to the bed. "W-who are you?" He asked, trying to hide his fear. "I am the purple witch." Peter gasped "Creepy witch bitch!" He muttered "Oh what a nickname Child." She hissed, running a finger along his jawline. "leave me and my family alone!" "No. Now you are going to do everything I say." "And if I don't?" "I will make your family abandon you again so fast, that it'll make your world drown with loneliness just like.." she lifted Peter's eyes to meet hers and clicked her fingers "That." She hissed before disappearing.

A tear ran down Peter's cheek. How had nobody heard him talking!? He didn't want to be abandoned! Not again! He was afraid. I know, Peter Maximoff, afraid!? Nearly impossible...nearly.