The best hellos are the hardest goodbyes

It was the night after the whole stryker problem and there was no sign of Stryker or witch lady, everything had calmed down...Sort of.

Erik was cooking dinner and trying to do too many things at once, Peter had done something to Pietro and Pietro was now chasing Peter in rings around the kitchen, and Wanda was sitting in the middle of it all, watching TV like this happened everyday. Which it did of course.

"Wanda help!" Peter screeched "You getting what you deserve Pete!" Wanda called from the couch "Oh come on!" Peter ran and ran until he hit a wall "Ow that hurt!" He rubbed his nose "Haha gotcha!" Peter spun round to see Pietro running straight at him so Peter's instincts kicked in and he ran as fast as possible.

Peter stopped for a second to take in his surroundings but went to run as soon as he heard Pietro coming. But as he did, he went straight into Erik. "Oh shit." He muttered "Language young man!" Erik tutted in a playful manner. Eventually, Peter was cornered by Wanda, Pietro and Erik with no escape. "Now your done for!" Pietro lunged forward and grabbed Peter, tackling him down to the floor and tickling him. Peter burst out laughing as Erik and Wanda joined in on the playful torture.

"Please *gasp* stop tickling *gasp* me!" Peter laughed, gasping for air. "Not until you say sorry kid!" Pietro said. "I am *gasp* sorry!" Peter was crying with laughter by now and the three stopped tickling him. Peter sat up, exhausted and panting. "Good now he said sorry, I think the kids learned his lesson." Wanda dusted herself off. They always treated Peter like he was 8 years old and could lift him like he was too. Peter had a super fast metabolism so he was light as anything.

Halfway through dinner, Peter heard a voice in his head. "Hello Peter." Peter instantly knew the voice "You miss me?" Peter looked up "I'm gonna go to the toilet."

He locked the bathroom door "I thought I told you to leave me alone!" He said to no-one because only him could hear the voice in his head. "Oh hunni, do you not understand! Now go to bed." She demanded "But it's only 8!" "Go to sleep!" Peter huffed and walked out, looking rather pale.

"I think im gonna go to bed, I'm not feeling so good." He placed his plate up on the counter with half his dinner left and walked to his room.

"Hello?" He whispered. "Took you long enough." The purple witch said from a chair next to Peter's bed. "Sit down." Peter sat on the edge of his bed, ready to run at any moment. "Why are you here?" "I want you to find out how the xmen are planning to take down stryker and report back to me by next Saturday."

She hovered closer to Peter and ran a hand through his silver hair, whilst holding his head in place by his jaw. Struggling, Peter tried to break free but to no win. "Don't try and struggle child." She traced a finger over his jaw and under his eyes "You won't escape. And if you don't do what I say, I will make sure that your father, brother and sister blame and abandon you in the process." She cackled and disappeared, leaving a rather shocked Peter sitting on the bed. His lips slightly separated and eyes wide as a lone tear ran down his cheek and fell to his lap. "I have to tell someone but I can't." He muttered as he lay back on his bed.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Erik decided to tell wanda about the whole deadly mission thing.

"Wanda, Pietro can I talk to you." Erik called and the pair ran in. "Yeah sure." Wanda sat on a stool at the kitchen island. "So I have to go on this mission. And there's a big chance I'm not gonna make it out alive." "Wait what! Y-you can't go!" Pietro stammerd. "I'm sorry but I have to. And I'm gonna talk to you individually because there us certain things I want to say to each of you." Wanda and Pietro solemnly nodded. "What about Peter? This is gonna destroy him." Wanda looked down "Yeah. He has abandonment issues by the looks of it." "Dont worry, he's a strong kid." All of a sudden, Peter walked out claiming he felt much better. "Hey Pete we have something to tell you." Erik coughed slightly. "Ok shoot." "I have to go on a mission. But it's got a big chance of death." Peter's jaw dropped. "D-did you just say death?" "Yeah. I'm so sorry buddy." Erik gave him a hug but Peter was still in shock mode. His whole body slowed down, his thoughts, his heart and pulse, his vibrations...everything. and it noticed too.

"Peter?" Erik snapped his fingers infront of Peter's face but got no reaction so Wanda and Pietro joined in. Soon enough Peter zoned back in "when do you leave." "Tommrow. I want to talk to you individually. Pietro." Erik beconed Pietro to follow him into a room.

"Pietro, if anything was to happen to me, take care of Wanda and Peter. You become their legal guardian, ok. Please don't let them put Peter in adoption." Pietro nodded "I love you so, so much and I'm sorry that I may have to go as soon as you found me. I'm sorry for all the time I missed and wasn't there. I truly am." All the memories of the time they had together flashed before Pietro's eyes "Your my first child and I trust you with my life." He hugged Pietro tightly and Pietro clung back, thinking he may never see his dad again.

Next was Wanda, "Wanda, you have grown into a beautiful, intelligent young lady. Now promise me, whatever happens, you will look out for Peter and Pietro. Always." "I promise." "I'm sorry that I have to leave so soon. Wanda always remember your worth it and your brothers love you with their whole hearts, even if it feels like they don't." A tear ran down Wanda's face "I love you Wanda." He hugged her as she cried an ocean. "Love you too dad."

Lastly Peter, "Peter" Erik cupped Peter's face in his hands "My baby boy. You are so strong, more than you think and promise me that you will always give Wanda and Pietro a hand when they need it and don't get into to much trouble." Peter nodded "You have so much ahead of you in life so please, take every chance and embrace that. If I don't make it out tomorow, live life to the fullest because I will always be watching over you. I'm sorry I might not be able to watch you grow up anymore, but your powers can do a lot more than super speed Peter. Be strong and your siblings are there for you to talk. I love you kiddo." "I-i love you too dad." Peter threw himself into his dad and hugged him for the best part of a few minutes.

*the next day*

"Alright this could be goodbye I guess." Pietro joked, holding back tears. "Yeah I guess it could be." Wanda on the other hand, bawling her eyes out. Peter, he was on the verge of tears. Erik stood by an open door with his suit and helmet in hand "I love you all and thank you for giving me the best few months I could ask for." "Right back at ya dad." Peter joke through tears as he gave in to the waterworks. "Again, I love you so much. And stick together, be a team, ok. Look out for each other. Always and forever." Erik chuckled slightly as he gave his speech "Always and forever." They trio repeated and they had one last look at each other before Erik shut the door.

Peter immediately turned into Pietro's chest and bawled and bawled. "Why did he have to go?" Peter gasped through choked breaths. "I don't know, bud. for once, I really don't know." Pietro cried also giving in to tears as he ran a hand through Peter's silver hair. Wanda joined in and the trio hugged for what felt like hours.

"Some people come into our lives and leave quickly" Pietro began talking again "some come in and leave footprints on your heart and you will never, ever be the same. That's when goodbyes hurt."

Peter just hugged him tighter as Wanda bent to his level and looked him in the eye "You know, a wise man once taught me, family don't end in blood. It doesn't start there either. Family cares about you, not what you can do for them, they're there through good, the bad, always. They got your back even when it hurts. That's family."

"Did dad teach you that?" Peter asked "No, a certain 15 year old, silver haired speedster called Peter did. You know him?" She joked.

Peter couldn't help but feel guilty about the witch thing. He needed to tell them but how. What about Lucy. To many things were happening at once.