9- maybe music could connect US uwu

"Tell me more about your country" He smiled. I guessed he noticed that it was something that I enjoyed talking about. Which contrasted with my awkward struggle too keep up with what they usually talked about.

"It's amazing! The people are so nice and welcoming, at least in my town they were. My neighbour used to bake us some goodies around this time of the month. My sister normally ate them all but I didn't mind. Oh! And the birds! Every morning there were a group of nightingales that would sing until 10 am. Though at the time I was too busy complaining that they'd wake up instead of actually appreciating them." The memories played in my head like a movie, one after another. I struggled to decide which stories to tell first. I held them all with great love in my heart, they were my childhood.

"And the night sky... I don't think anything will ever match the amount of stars I saw from there. Here in the city you barely see the constellations... But at home you could see so many. I once tried to draw them all... Needless to say, it was a night wasted." I shook my head in disappointment as I remembered the white paper I had filled with circles and dots.

The boy next to me smiled along to my stories and never interrupted. Sometimes he'd chuckle and shake his head jokingly. It was nice that he was actually listening to me. I was blabbering a whole lot and specially about something only I knew about, yet he laughed like he was there with me when all of it happened.

"Guys! Hurry up, you're gonna get left behind!" Alya screamed from the front. We had indeed been left behind. There was a good distance between us and the group. We quickly fastened the pace.

"Sorry, I talk to much" I apologized embarrassed, not believing how much I had shared. Specially something so personal as my childhood memories. He laughed and looked into my eyes, his calm expression eased my nerves and anxiety.

"Thanks for sharing your story with me. You really have a way with words, I could picture everything you described in my mind." He closed his eyes and smiled. He stayed quiet for a bit breathing in the air and then looked at me again. "I make more sense with my music. I like to see it as my first language."

"Music... That's good. Music is much more universal than languages. With music you can speak to so many different people" I replied interested. His body had a jolt of happiness. He answered excitedly.

"Exactly! Music connects people! What's better than sharing something as unique as a melody with someone?" His words jumped out of his mouth with happiness and innocence. I smiled brightly back, showing him that I honestly agreed with him.

"Luka!! Marinette wants to share ice cream with you!!" Alya screamed at the top of her lungs from the ice cream stand. Marinette on the other hand blushed hard and hit her friend embarrassed. Then she shouted back.

"I WANT TO SHARE ICE CREAM WITH EVERYONE! THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR!"

"That girl..." He smirked and shook his head playfully.

I gulped my jealousy down. We joined the group in front of the ice cream stand.

The nice man with a name tag that read "Andre" looked deep into each client's eyes and then picked their ice cream. They joked that he was magical and picked the best possible combination for each person. When it came to my turn, he gasped.

"You're new, aren't ya? I don't remember seeing your face here before"

"I'm Y/n, nice to meet you" Me and the man shook hands smiling.

"He's from (country), moved here some months ago" Rose said. "Do you think your powers work with people from other countries too?"

"Hmmm... Let's see..." He looked at his options. The then picked up with spoon and grabbed some ice cream balls and put it all in a cup with a spoon.

"There!" He handed it to me. "And it's on the house! First times always are!" He gave me a big honest smile. It was noticeable that he liked his job.

I looked at the ice cream. It had a big cyan ball with another green ball on top and a cherry carefully placed in it. I guessed the flavours were blueberry and mint, which I actually enjoyed a lot.

"Thanks!"

After everyone got their own, we headed to the side of the canal and sat there eating. It wasn't exactly burning hot, not anymore at least, but it was still nice to feel the cool sugary flavours in our mouths.

"OMG!" Marinette froze in her place. We all looked at her confused. Alya followed her gaze and quickly began to tease.

"Look who's here. It's like he has a gps on you girl" She laughed looking at the blonde boy who was walking down the other side of the canal with a girl with short dark hair and neat looking clothes.

"Adrien and Kagami are here! Let's call them to join us!" Rose was excited for the idea which we all agreed on.

"ADRIEN!!!! KAGAMI!!! COME SIT WITH US!!!" She proceeded to scream at the top of her lungs. I would have been surprised if I hadn't listened to all those kitty section practices.

The pair looked at us and said something we couldn't hear. They smiled and headed towards us. I could see Marinette enter panic mode.

"IT'S FINE! HIM AND KAGAMI ARE JUST JOINING US FOR A GOOD FRIEND HANG OUT!"

"You should go talk to him, ask him if he wants to share a cup with you, ah?"

"God Alya, you have no chill" Nino laughed.

"C'mon girl, go talk to him!" She ignored her boyfriend's comment and pushed Marinette up and in direction of the pair. She walked like a robot in their direction. When we saw that she reached them, she was moving her arms and legs as if they were aliens from another planet that didn't understand the language. Alya and Nino laughed and joked along with Juleka and Rose. I noticed Luka was silent.

When I looked at him he had a sad smile on. Not exactly jealous nor depressed but defeated. I imagined he felt the way I did about him with Marinette and Adrien. I sighed and took out my ukelele.

"So, want to hear my music?"