20- partayy

I opened the front door of my house and gulped. This was the moment of truth. I was going to ask my mom if I could actually go to the party Saturday.

I stepped inside carefully, looking around for my mom. I entered the living room, looking at every corner. Then, a mighty voice spoke from behind.

"Can I help you?"

I jumped from the sudden scare alongside with a high-pitched scream, holding my shirt as to calm down my heart. My mom immediately covered her ears.

"Ah! Y/n seriously!"

"Sorry"

"Why are you looking around the house? Did you lose something?"

"No no. I wanted to talk to you." I started getting nervous.

"Is that so? What's the matter?" She looked interested. I had a feeling that she was in a good mood, I was hopeful.

"Well, there's going to be a party Saturday and it's super fancy and organized by the mayor! So super safe! My friends are going to play there, I was wondering if I could go?" I put on my puppy dog eyes.

"Hmmmm... Sure. If it's mayor's party it must be fine."

"REALLY?!" I smiled brightly, not believing the words that came out of her mouth. And also not believing how easy it was to convince her.

"BUT!" I froze at the sound of her stern voice. "I want you home as soon as it ends."

I raised my hand like a soldier and then rushed to my room. I jumped to my bed with excitement, nearly breaking it. I grabbed my phone and texted Juleka confirming that I'd show. She replied right away with a smiley face.

Needless to say that I could barely focus on anything besides the party. And no, not because Luka was going to be there. In fact, that was one of the reasons I wanted to stay at home and ignore the outside world. My hype came from the fact that I'd be leaving the house, finally, for some good old fashioned socialization. So weird, me, the quiet introvert so excited for a social event. A fancy one at that!

Friday afterschool I was going shopping with Marc and Nathaniel for some proper outfits. It was a funny, to say the least. Between switching outfits and acting like a runaway model jury, the employees kept asking us to quiet down. After a long afternoon of trying on clothes we were all settled. Nathaniel picked a nice black suit with a deep blue shirt underneath. Marc, to match with him, chose a long skirt in the same shade along with a tucked in white shirt with a small flower drawn to the right of the chest. And finally, I chose a white shirt with long sleeves rolled up to the elbow with a black vest over it, on the sides there were flower and leaf patterns with a light cyan. Some black jeans and to add the cherry on top, an old watch that just added that much style to my whole look.

I got home that day and carefully placed the outfit in my chair, waiting impatiently until the next day, waiting to wear it, waiting to leave the house and feel like a part of society again.

The clock ticked and ticked. And in a blink of an eye it was the day of the party. I spent the morning preparing myself mentally and after lunch got dressed and all dapper, brushing my hair carefully and drowning myself with perfume. The time finally came for me to leave. I opened the front door, smiling brightly when a voice from the inside interrupted me.

"Y/n!" I groaned, rolling my eyes. I turned around to face my mom, sitting on the couch watching soap operas from our country.

"Yes?"

"Have fun hon" She turned to me and smiled. I was surprised by it but not disappointed. I blushed from the sudden kindness and replied with a content nod. With that, I left.

As I walked down the streets, the sun was still shining. It wasn't blinding though, it was a nice 6pm sunshine that already announced the night coming but also gave one last opportunity to enjoy the day. Around me were people jogging, owners walking their dogs and the occasional old couple walking with the speed of a snail. It was a nice day, or maybe it was just average and I was the one that was way too excited.

Soon enough I reached the door of Chloé's huge hotel or house or whatever she lived in. In my opinion it was more of a mansion than an apartment but who was I to say what it was.

There were guards on the sides of the doors with black sunglasses and serious faces. Next to them was the mayor and Chloé welcoming guests that stepped inside the building on a red carpet. I gulped. It looked so weirdly royal, like we were about to enter the king's chambers and bow down to ask for equal rights. I stood frozen in front of it, not knowing how to approach this new situation. Luckily, someone saved me from my struggle, I smiled as soon as I heard a familiar voice approach me.

"I think you're supposed to go in" The voice spoke from behind me with a playful tone. My face dropped when I recognised it.

Unfortunately, it was Luka.

I didn't even reply. I just looked at him. It had been a long while since I'd last seen him. And, to no one's surprise, he still looked absolutely stunning. My heart followed the usual Luka routine and started beating as fast as it could and my cheeks grew hotter by the minute. He noticed the slightly awkward silence and spoke.

"Haven't seen you in a bit ... How are you?" He scratched his arm avoiding my eyes.

"I'm good, thanks. How are you?" I controlled myself to have a normal conversation instead of a panic attack.

"I'm great. I'm actually really glad you managed to come" He smiled gently. And oh did that smile hit. I had missed that smile so so much. During the second that his eyes closed, I sighed, dying a bit inside from happiness.

"Me too! I can't wait to see you play. This must be exciting for the band, playing for the mayor" Before I could finish he was already nodding his head excitedly.

"It's amazing! I can't wait to get on stage and perform to everyone! Share my music with so many people..." He looked to the crowd in the front of the building with a proud smile. A contagious smile that before I knew, I was doing too.

"What are you guys going to play?" I asked curious. There was no longer any awkwardness to the conversation. We were talking normally just as easily as we did before. It was like no time had passed at all since we last saw each other.

"We're playing the calmer ones and some classics. But it's just for the first half, after that a professional band is going to step in for the rest of the night. Which is a good idea because they will be playing until 2 am and I'm pretty sure Rose would go mute if she sang until then" He laughed quietly and I joined him. In the middle of the confusion, there we were, laughing quietly to each other. I looked to him for a second, still smiling, appreciating the moment.

"Y/n! Hey!" A loud scream came from behind us. We both turned around. Nathaniel was waving his hand as high as possible while taking an embarrassed Marc by the hand.

"Nat, people are staring" Marc stepped closer to him but he just ignored it.

"Hey guys!" I smiled at them. Luka waved to them.

"Oh, Luka? Hi!" Nathaniel looked at him with his eyebrows raised, with a surprised face. Then he turned to me. Before he could say anything and his mouth could turn to a smirk, I grabbed both him and Marc by the hand and pushed them inside.

"Let's get going! I'll see you later!" I gave a shout to Luka while pushing them away. The red-haired boy was already giggling loudly.