18- my life is over, peace

Monday came but my will to go to school surely didn't. After spending hours replying to concerned messages, I wanted to be with myself and away from any type of socialization.

In hopes of taking the comfort of my bed with me, I hugged the pillow tightly. As usual though, I was interrupted by a loud teenager whom I called sister.

"You're still in bed? We're leaving in 15!" She left as quickly as she had gotten in. I groaned in response before dragging my tired body through the floor.

I left my bedroom and went into the bathroom. There I stared at my pitiful face with deep eye bags and an emotionless expression. I threw some water on my face, brushed my hair quickly with my hand and called it a day. When I opened the bathroom door I was met with my mom's bossy attitude.

"Don't give me that look"

"I wasn't even looking at you" I replied confused and slightly annoyed.

"Hurry up and get ready. Your dad is waiting for you downstairs." She went past me with her head held up high. I groaned silently.

I grabbed my backpack from my room, a water bottle from the kitchen and some money for food and left. By the entrance of the apartment complex was my dad, anxiously looking at his clock, in front of his car.

"Sorry I took so long"

"It's nothing, don't worry." He opened the car door for me and then went around the car to the driver's seat. We buckled our seatbelts and the engine started. It was pretty silent for a while. That is, until I broke it out of frustration.

"Dad, am I really going to be imprisoned at home from now on?"

"Well, I don't like to argue with your mother and she did have a good point concerning your safety" It was apparent he didn't have much to add to the conversation.

"But it's unfair! I have a life outside of school, you know? Friends and classmates to hang out with!"

"I know, I know... But it was one of those friends of yours that caused you to get hurt. And your mother and I only want the best for you. You can still talk to them, it's not like your social life is over. Just, from now on, you'll spend more time at home."

"You're being so annoying. I thought your were the cool one" I puffed my cheeks looking out the window, avoiding his face at all costs.

"C'mon, don't be like that... It's just for a bit"

"How long?"

"I don't know, enough time for all of this to calm down"

"So, indefinitely..." And just like that, we were in front of my school. I grabbed my backpack, opened the door and gave a mediocre goodbye to my dad.

The bell rang, and normally it wouldn't bother me but that day it was like demons were screaming in my ears. I hurried to class.

I sat in my usual place and took out my notebooks. The class started filling up and in five minutes it was full. The teacher then started the lesson. From the chatter and the chalk hiting the chalk, I heard a small whisper coming from Juleka.

"Hey" She looked at me with her shiny eye. I looked at her back.

"Yes?"

"A-are you okay?" She seemed worried.

"Yeah... I'm fine" My grip on my own tightened.

"Oh ..." She didn't look convinced but turned around to face the front of the class either way. I did so too, thankful she didn't press the subject.

After what seemed like ages of science class, the bell finally rang and we all left for lunch. Marinette's group was headed to the cafeteria and I pondered if I should go too as I normally did, but I didn't think my mind could handle looking at Marinette after Luka's confession/rejection. Instead I chose to join my artsy friends.

"Y/n! It's been a while huh?" Nathaniel smiled seeing me enter the empty art room. Besides him was Marc, slurping noodles from his plastic cup. He almost choked after noticing me.

"Hi! We've missed you!" He jumped from the top of the table where he was sitting and pulled me to a tight hug. I let myself fall into the hug, feeling his arms hold on to me.

"Did you get tired of your popular friends?" Nathaniel didn't look as happy as Marc to see me, in fact, he looked a bit jealous.

"What?" I didn't know what to answer to that. Marc went to Nathaniel and grabbed his shoulders with a sorry expression.

"Hehe, ignore him. He's just a bit moody today"

"Oh..." I sat next to then and took out my lunchbox. We were catching up for a bit when the inevitable question came up.

"How are you feeling? Since the akuma thing..." Nathaniel looked at me with a concerned expression. Marc jumped in his place, almost as if the topic was taboo.

"I'm fine. I don't remember much from it either way" I took a sip of my water, wanting to get over with the conversation as soon as possible.

"We know how emotional it gets... And besides, we know how emotional you have to be to get akumatized..." Marc looked down waiting for me to say something.

"Right..." I looked around not understanding what I was supposed to answer. Marc looked around some more and raised his eyebrows expectingly.

"Why were you akumatized?" Nathaniel finally asked. Marc gave him a side punch angry. "What? It's what we want to know!"

"Yes! But it's his choice to tell us or not"

"I just asked, I didn't demand any answers or anything"

"Guys, it's fine, relax." I signalled them to calm down and so they did, each one with a turn of heads to opposite sides.

"It's just... We care about you Y/n..." Marc said with a gentle voice. I looked down, internalising his words.

I still had not told them about my crush on Luka, in fact, I hadn't told them I even met Luka. I hadn't told anyone. It felt like the perfect time to vent and let it all out.

"Well... It's complicated but-" I looked up and noticed their hands touching. They looked like concerned parents looking at their problematic child. "Wait... Are you two-"

Their faces grew red in seconds.

"AHHH IT'S HUM- WELL-" Marc stuttered while scratching his messy hair. Nathaniel on the other hand, stood still and focused on my eyes.

"Yes. We started dating last week" He announced proudly. Marc burried his head on his jacket.

"Are you KIDDING ME?! FINALLY!" I laughed in shock. Happiness filled me entirely while the two boys in front of me blushed.

"Shut up!" Nathaniel shot back embarrassed.

"Wait, who did it?" I smiled excitedly.

"Nathaniel confessed after a movie date and then I confessed too and we started dating right there and then" Marc giggled while telling the story. His adorable reaction made me laugh even louder.

"That's ADORABLE!!"

We continued talking about their relationship and after a while, they had totally forgotten about the previous question they had asked me. In the middle of the conversation I started realising something. I had been so focused on my crush that I totally forgot and ignored my friends... Hell, they even started dating and I had no idea. I felt terrible. It didn't feel right to ruin their happiness with my selfish and stupid crush problems. In fact, it was better if I just bottled the feelings up until they were gone for good.

I knew it would be hard, but I was willing to do it.