2.1| lightfeet makes more sense.

Superheroes and supervillains fell into five ranks: Class-1, Class-2, Class-3, Class-4, and Unranked. Class-1 was for the strongest, and Class-4 was for the weakest.

Unranked was a class for superheroes who hadn't registered into the Superhero Corporation. They used to be known as Vigilantes. But the term got so popular among the younger generation, forcing the world governments to ban the word because it reached a point where peculiars wanted to be vigilantes and not superheroes.

The Superhero Corporation determined a superhero's class through a series of trials at their testing sites found all over the world. Most peculiars didn't become superheroes because the tests cost a lot.

Supervillains knew their class by defeating a ranked superhero. Because of the price, some supervillains fought superheroes to find out their class before "rehabilitating" and becoming superheroes.

When the government found out about it, the supervillains who used this tactic weren't allowed to become superheroes until completing ten years of rehab and paying a heavy fine for cheating the system.

Saint-Max had saved seventy percent of his monthly paychecks for the last two years to take the tests at the end of the year.

After the interview, Janice and Fabian had invited Saint-Max out for drinks. Since it was his day off work, Saint-Max agreed. It had been a while since he went out with other people who weren't Tim or his family.

Annie's Sports Bar and Grill was a famous hangout spot in Bastion. The drinks were cold, and the meat was to die for. Annie used to be a former superhero by the name of Lady Thickness whose primary ability was muscle augmentation, allowing her to augment the muscles under her skin, granting her immense power and speed. Now, retired and owning a successful business, she spent most of her time at home or the bar.

Janice and Fabian returned from the bar with a high countertop and beautiful female bartenders in tight white shirts and black skirts that ended at their thighs. Janice held a large full glass of beer, and Fabian had a bottle of red wine in one hand and a can of energy drink in the other.

"Here you go," Fabian said, placing the can of energy drink on the white and black coaster in front of Saint-Max. Bright blue and gold color covered the can, and the word RUSH circled it.

Rush was the name of the fastest speedster in Tombstone City. Unlike Gluevale, Tombstone City didn't use the "class" ranking system determined by the Superhero Corporation. Over there, the public decided who ranked where through a series of votes.

Saint-Max turned his attention away from the can and towards Janice and Fabian. The two stared at him. "What?" he asked.

"Fabian and I have been wondering—"

"No, no. You have been wondering. Not me," Fabian cut her off.

Janice sighed. "Fine. Whatever." She rolled her eyes at Fabian, then looked at Saint-Max. "I've been wondering: why Lightfoot and not Lightfeet? You have two feet and can run fast. Lightfeet makes more sense."

Saint-Max and Tim had gone through hundreds of names—some good but taken, and others utterly ridiculous—before agreeing on Lightfoot. It came from back in his high school days where he'd win every sprint tournament and the coach would refer to him as someone who was always light on his feet.

Janice was right. Lightfeet made more sense, but it didn't sound cool. It was better to choose an alias that sounded cool than one that made sense. Cool names attracted fans, which brought sponsors and advertisers.

Fabian took a sip from his wine bottle then said, "I like Lightfoot. It's singular. Lightfeet sounds like a group name comprising speedsters."

"I don't know about that one, chief. Sounds like an excuse to me," Janice said. "Anyway, Lightfoot or Lightfeet, both work. And as long as you're happy with the name, then don't mind me."

Saint-Max chuckled. "You reminded me of We Shall Name Ourselves."

Fabian shook his head. "Oh, no, not those idiots."

Janice smiled. "I like them. They're so funny and have garnered a fanbase bigger than most Class-2 superheroes. That counts for something."

"Yes, for how stupid the world is," Fabian said.

We Shall Name Ourselves was a group of superheroes who joined forces to fight against the ridiculous aliases given to them by the Superhero Corporation. They were all Class-4, thus the Superhero Corporation didn't take their threats seriously.

Their influence was growing day by day around the world—so were their numbers. Their leader, Captain Ass-eater, vowed to make an example of the Superhero Corporation and everyone who mocked them. She hadn't said when or how, but she had promised a day of reckoning would befall Gluevale.

Words: 787.

Total Words: 3609.