11| two months later.

Gluevale bustled with life after the kaijus' attack. Superheroes had limited the damage, with only a few buildings destroyed, which took two and a half weeks to rebuild.

Janice had joined Tim's agency while Saint-Max quit, citing needing a break to figure out some personal things. Tim hadn't questioned him, saying the door was always open for him to return.

Janice took the hero tests and became the 45th Class-1 superhero in Gluevale. She and Tim spent most of their time doing interviews, answering questions on how he convinced Boombox to join him, and why she refused an offer from Greg, Xia Li's fiancé and owner of the top hero management company in the city.

Life was good for them. But soon, Janice would have to play her part in saving the world.

Saint-Max entered The Savior's Restaurant, owned by White Savior Jr., the top-ranked superhero in Gluevale. He picked the booth at the back and sat near the window. Outside, a van passed at such a high speed, followed by a superhero in a grey and blue super suit, and a police squad.

I could stop the van and no one will know it was me, Saint-Max thought but erased the idea with the shake of his head.

"May I get your order?" A waitress had appeared at his table. She wore the green and grey uniform of the restaurant and a fake smile.

"What's the meal of the day?" he asked.

"Curry rice and chicken katsu."

His mouth salivated. It felt like years passed since he last ate chicken katsu. "I want that. And a large glass of mixed fruit."

The waitress wrote it down in her small notebook.

Saint-Max turned to the TV mounted behind the counter, showing the news. Diana Lopez, leader of Tombstone Police: Peculiar Division, stood behind a podium, ready to address the media:

"First, I'd like to thank superheroes from other cities who helped Tombstone get back on its feet. Without you, it wouldn't have been possible. Second, we've arrested all the priests seen in the leaked videos, and they'll face proper punishment. No one is above the law, not when I'm the Chief of Police."

"What about The Watchdogs?" a reporter asked. "Some people are calling them heroes for exposing the truth about these priests."

"The deputy and I were on the verge of exposing them before these terrorists did. It doesn't make them heroes. In case anyone forgot, they destroyed our city, costing us billions in repair. They don't get to be the good guys by releasing stolen footage. I won't allow it. The dome killed many people and caused permanent injuries to others. They'll answer for their crimes. I promise you that."

Ever since she got promoted to Chief of Police, Diana Lopez dedicated her life to catching The Watchdogs, or die trying. What would happen when she found out there was a clone of her wife out there? Would she risk her career to find her? Or would she still focus on the terrorists?

The reporters tried to ask more questions, but Diana Lopez waved them off and left. The screen then changed to images of the six members of The Watchdogs, showing their birth names, hero names, and known abilities below.

"Here's your order." The waitress returned with two plates and a large glass of juice, placing them on the table. One had curry and the other chicken katsu. "Enjoy." She smiled before leaving.

A few minutes passed before three people in black hoodies joined Saint-Max. Two sat opposite him, while the other took his side. It offended him at first, seeing as there were many unoccupied booths.

Then the strangers pulled back their hoodies, revealing their faces.

Saint-Max's eyes widened. It's them. They're finally here.