4.1| he wants it all.

Saint-Max trended on social media the whole night. Every big, verified account shared the clip of him calling out high-ranked superheroes. Some took to their social media accounts to downplay him and say he was a nobody. Others said they'd love to speak to him, not wanting to judge him based on an out-of-context clip.

Either way, Saint-Max and Tim had gotten what they wanted: attention.

"Do you think it'll be awkward at the party with the other superheroes around?" Saint-Max asked while driving Tim's car.

Tim was on the passenger side while Janice and Fabian sat at the back. Tim hadn't gotten used to driving with his cybernetic legs yet. Hospitals charged too much money to regenerate one limb, let alone two. And he didn't trust the black market.

"Maybe," Tim said.

"Perhaps," Janice added.

"Definitely," Fabian said, getting a glance from the others. "What? It's true. There will be a few Class-1 and a lot of Class-2 superheroes there. They've all seen Saint-Max's video. I won't lie to him and say they don't feel some type of way after what he said. I've spoken to a few of their Media Friends, and trust me, they aren't his biggest fans right now."

Janice punched his arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" Fabian asked.

"You didn't have to be so literal about it."

"But it's the truth. I am a truth-teller no matter what. I don't care if it hurts your feelings or not." Fabian crossed his arms on his chest and leaned back in his seat, looking smug.

"Thank you for your honesty, Fabian," Saint-Max said, then took a deep breath before focusing on the road. It wasn't how he wanted to introduce himself to the public and ranked superheroes.

"Wow," Janice said once they entered Dives.

The district was cleaner than a whistle, and men in dark-green uniforms walked around carrying stun rifles. The rich didn't trust police officers and hired private militia to protect them, yet they wanted the low-class to trust the cops.

"Beautiful, right?" Tim asked. "Once Saint-Max signs a contract with a major management company, we're moving here."

"Do you think they'll let me after what I said?" Saint-Max asked.

"By that time, they won't even remember."

They arrived outside Superior, Dives. It was a gated community that only Class-1 peculiars and their loved ones lived in. You didn't have to be a superhero to be a resident.

Two guards with stun rifles approached the car. Two more stood inside the station to the left of the large metal gate with the word SUPERIOR at the center.

The tallest of the guards stood on the driver's side while the other circled the car, inspecting it with his special goggles. It was smart to be cautious. These types of events were prone to a supervillain's attack. Class-2 superhero, Our Savior, had learned it the hard way when Class-3 supervillain, Men Cry, attacked the party wanting to raise his ranking, killing Our Savior's grandfather and leaving countless wounded.

"Name?" the tall guard asked Saint-Max.

"Saint-Max. Aka Lightfoot." He smiled.

"You're him."

"You've heard about me?"

"Who hasn't? You're all over the news."

"Thank you."

The tall guard rolled his eyes, then shifted his attention to his tablet. He glanced between the guest list and the people in the car. When he confirmed everyone was there, he waved at the guards inside the station. The large gate opened.

"Have fun," the tall guard said.

"What else will I have?" Saint-Max asked, then drove off before the guard answered.

It didn't take long before they arrived outside Xia Li and Greg's mansion. Greg was Xia Li's fiancé and the CEO of the largest superhero management company in Gluevale, Family Business.

After taking the superhero tests, Greg found out he was in Class-1. He had Telepathy as his primary power and Invisibility as his secondary. Greg never wanted to be a superhero. Instead, he loved managing superheroes and helping them reach their full potential.

A gigantic wall surrounded the mansion, separating it from the others. The heavy gates creaked open, revealing a guard station behind them. A flock of birds chirped on the manicured hedges and shrubs like they were in a fairytale movie. Leafy trees filled the sides of the passageway as Saint-Max drove through.

Music and voices filled the area as they got closer to the mansion. People stood outside, conversing with drinks in their hands. They smiled and laughed like there was no tomorrow. Valets rushed to the other cars, taking keys from the drivers and giving them numbered cards.

A fountain with a dolphin on top stood in front of the house and acted as a roundabout. The water splashed as it moved from the dolphin's mouth, down to the basin, up the dolphin's tail, and out of its mouth again.

The foursome left the car, and a valet greeted them, taking the car keys from Saint-Max and handing him a numbered silver card.

"Is this Heaven?" Janice asked.

"Close to it," Fabian said.

"Relax everyone. We're in the big leagues now. We make a good impression today, and the future is ours," Tim told them.

Saint-Max stared at the mansion, and jealousy corrupted his thoughts. He wished he had what Xia had. They were the same age, the same power level—whenever he fought her, he always won—and had the same ambition. So why did she get what he wanted all his life? It wasn't fair.

"Saint," Tim called him.

He shook off the negative thoughts. It wasn't right to think that way. Xia Li had fought tooth and nail, risking everything she had to get to where she was. If there was anyone who deserved success more than him, then it was her.

"Yes?" Saint-Max looked at his agent.

"Let's go see Xia."

Words: 969.

Total Words: 6823.