{ 17 }

Case's POV

"Daddy, what are you doing out of bed?" I asked him.

"Oh please. I am absolutely fine. That doctor doesn't know what the hell he's talking about." My dad said.

"Dad, sit down. You're getting excited. We need to take your blood pressure and give you your medications for the day." I told him.

"Damn those pills. They make me so gassy." My dad grumbled.

"Well then that means that your digestion is working more smoothly. That's a good thing daddy." I said.

"Yeah, yeah." He said, sitting down at the kitchen table.

I made him a plate of egg whites, whole wheat bread, turkey bacon and 100 percent real fruit yogurt.

"What the hell is this? Why can't I get real food? What the hell is this Case?" He asked.

"Henry Alexander Angel, calm down please. Take your pills and eat your breakfast." I told him, walking over to the sink.

"Breakfast, yeah right." He mumbled.

I chuckled as I started to wash the dishes.

"Your such a baby. What happened to the macho man that used to carry all four kids at once?" I asked with a laugh.

"He had a heart attack and then his baby started to treat him like a baby." My dad said.

I turned around and looked at him, my eyebrow cocked.

"You're right. You are getting babied. Why don't you get up and do these dishes for me?" I told him.

His eyes widened and he quickly looked down at his plate, shoveling the food into his mouth.

I started to laugh at the sight.

It really was funny to see.

"That's what I thought." I said with a laugh.

My dad kept eating his breakfast as I started on the laundry.

"Have you talked to Matt yet?" My dad asked.

"Are we really gonna talk about this dad?" I asked.

"Hell yes we are." He said.

I sighed deeply and sat down at the table with him.

"What do you want me to say dad?" I mumbled.

"That you'll call him and you never doubted, even for a minute, that he wanted to be with that other girl and not you." He told me.

"Well, you should know by now that I'm not gonna do that." I said.

"Damn your stubbornness, cookie." He said.

I laughed quietly and sat back.

"I'm told that's my greatest quality." I said.

"I doubt that." He said.

"Just call him Cassedy. Let him know that you're okay. Where you are. Give the man some closure. All you did was leave him with a note. Imagine what he's thinking." My dad said.

"Pop, it's been almost two weeks. He has my phone number. If he wanted to talk, he would have already. I've come to terms that he doesn't want to see or talk to me." I said, trying to hide the hurt in my voice.

I probably didn't do a good job because a look of sympathy past across my fathers face.

"Cassedy, I'm an old man. I just had a heart attack. The next one, I might not be so lucky. I want to live knowing that you're happy and with a man that loves you." My dad said.

My eyes started to burn and I went over to my dad, kneeling in front of him.

"Don't talk like that daddy." I said.

"I'm not gonna live forever, you know." He said.

I sighed deeply and stood up, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"Don't worry about me pop." I murmured.

I walked over to the pantry, organizing it and putting all the sweets higher up, where my dad wouldn't think to look.

"But I do. All the time." He whispered, even though he thought I couldn't hear.