Chapter 6- Wake Up

A/N: Something happens in this....

Chapter 6- Wake Up

Word Count- 1865 (Wow, this is a long one)

*****

We talked for a while about the boys' band and their home lives in the '90s. Reggie was right about bonding. Knowing more about them definitely made me feel closer to them. I had also decided to share a little bit about myself as well. 

I finally worked up the courage to tell them about my mom, and how special music was to me. To my surprise, they really understood. They all had their hardships and music really helped them through it.

"That's why you need to play again, Lia.", Luke said. "It'll help you move on. I know that when I was going through stuff with my mom, writing down my feelings really helped."

"Thanks, Luke.", I replied. He was right. Sure, playing the piano reminded me of my mom, but I realized that that's why I should play it. To keep her memory alive.

I glanced at the clock. "It's already 11 guys.", I said. "I should really go to sleep."

"Okay.", Reggie replied. "This was really fun. Thanks for letting us do this Lia."

"Of course Reg.", I said. "Aww, you used my nickname", Reggie said. "Yeah, I think she's warming up to us.", Alex responded. 

"Well, yeah. Otherwise, I wouldn't have let you guys sleep in here.", I said. "Or, I guess 'rest your eyes' or something." We all laughed a little. "Well, anyway, good night guys.", I said turning off the light. "Good night", they replied.

*****

When I woke up to my alarm, Luke was laying next to me, and Reggie and Alex were on the end of the bed. "Hey", Luke said with a smile.

"What the fuck are you guys doing on here?", I said, much more calmly than I would have normally. I was still pretty tired so I wasn't really all there.

They all just shrugged.  I sighed.  "Okay, whatever weirdos."

*****

After I ate, I still had some time before I had to walk to school. I went out to the studio. The boys had left earlier to go on a walk, so I was alone. I walked over to the piano. I felt different today. I felt...alive

I put my hands on the keys and took a deep breath. I played the opening notes. I began to sing.

Here's one thing I want you to know

You got someplace to go

Life's a test, yes, but you go toe-to-toe

You don't give up, no, you grow

And you use your pain

'Cause it makes you "you"

Though I wish I could hold you through it

I know it's not the same

You got living to do

And I just want you to do it

So get up, get out, relight that spark

You know the rest by heart

Wake up, wake up if it's all you do

Look out, look inside of you

It's not what you lost