Chapter 21- She

A/N:  sorry for the super late update again, but I've been sick like all week and this chapter was kind of hard to write :D

Chapter 21-  She

Word Count- 1264

*****

"That was amazing."

I jumped at the sound of Luke's voice.  "You weren't supposed to hear that", I said, standing up and grabbing the pieces of paper.  "It was something I wrote a year ago.  It's not even finished.  I wasn't-"

"Hey.  Don't be so hard on yourself.  You're an incredible songwriter."

"Well I would go that far, but thanks."

He hopped up on the piano.  "I'm serious, you need to start giving yourself more credit.", he said, reaching for the sheet music that I had set back down.

I quickly slapped my hand over the paper.  "Relax, I've already heard it.  I just want to see it, he said.  I pulled my hand away.

After looking at it for a little, he spoke up.  "Hey, by the way, I found this song in your dream box..", he said, pulling a piece of paper out of his pocket.

Does everything I tell him just go in one ear and out the other?

"I've told you time and time again to stop going in my dream box and you still fucking do it.", I said, starting to raise my voice.

"Hey, sorry.  I just wanted to know who it was about."

Wait, does that mean he found-

"It's called enough for you?"

I sighed in relief.  "Oh that's just another one I wrote about Jackson."

"Wow, two songs huh?  He must've really meant a lot to you."

I smiled.  "Yeah.  He did."

******

The next morning I woke up to my aunt and uncle standing next to my bed.  I jumped, not expecting them to be there.

"Happy birthday mija!", tia said.  I smiled.  "Thanks tia, but remember, I told you guys I didn't want to make this a big deal this year."

"We know, Lia, but it's not everyday that you turn 17.  This is a big deal"

"And we may or may not have decorated the entire first floor.", tio added.

I laughed.  "It's fine.  Thank you.", I said, pulling them both in for a hug.

After going downstairs and eating breakfast, I went to the studio to see what the boys were up to.

"Hey guys.  What are-"

I was cut off by Reggie, Luke, and Alex attempting to sing me happy birthday in harmony.  It wasn't working.

"Reggie, you started on the wrong note!", Alex complained.

"You didn't do any better", Reggie replied.

"Okay, let's just try again.", Luke said.

After another failed attempt, they gave up.  "I get the idea guys.", I laughed.  "Thank you."

I sat down on the couch.  "How did you even know it was my birthday?"

"The big 'happy birthday Dahlia' banner hanging in the kitchen might have given us a clue.", Alex replied.  "So, what are you going to do today?"

I shrugged.  "Nothing special.  I don't really want to do anything big this year.  Maybe I'll invite some friends over."

"Great, that means window boy is coming over."