Chapter 12- Stupid Fucking Boys- 1(edited version)

A/N: Okay so I know what day of the week it is in the story can get kind of confusing. Where we last left off it was Tuesday. So uh, yeah. Okay.

Chapter 12- Stupid Fucking Boys- 1(edited version)

Word Count- 1703

*****

After I fixed things with Flynn, life was pretty much perfect. Flynn got along with everyone and Carrie didn't really bother us. Things were cool with me and Ethan(thank god he never brought up the kiss). Well, mostly cool. It was still very awkward for me, but Ethan seemed to be fine. Luke and I finished teaching everyone finally free so we were ready for the dance. I was really excited about it. It was our first gig as a band and people could actually see the boys! Soon enough, Friday rolled around.

"Okay can we rehearse just one more time?", I asked the boys.

"Don't you have to go to school?", Reggie replied.

"School isn't really important right now."

"Funny you think that now, but not when I wanted to spend time with you.", Luke replied.

"Okay, not the time, Patterson.", I said. "This dance is really important. We can't screw this up."

"We sound awesome, Lia, you shouldn't be worried.", Luke said.

"That's easy for you to say. If something goes wrong, it'll be all my fault. You guys are the ones who don't have to worry about anything."

"Okay maybe, but still. Luke's right. We're gonna do great.", Alex said.

"Yeah, okay. I guess I'm just really paranoid that people aren't going to believe the whole hologram thing."

"Don't worry, everything'll be fine.", Luke said. "But remind us later, there's some sunset curve songs we want to show you."

"Ooh, show me now", I replied.

"Yeah, okay.", he said, setting down his guitar and getting his songbook. I laughed at his enthusiasm.

"Home is where my horse is", Luke read. "Reggie, stop putting your country songs in my journal."

"That was a gift", Reggie replied.

"Thanks, Buddy", Luke said sarcastically, patting Reggie on the shoulder with his journal. He handed me the book. "I dog-eared the ones I think you would slay.", he said.

I flipped through the pages until I found one that caught my eye. "Who's Emily?", I asked.

"That one's not dog-eared", Luke said trying to take his journal back.

"If you could only know, I'd never let you go. Wow, Luke, I didn't know you were such a romantic.", I teased.

"He's not.", Alex said. "That one's actually about-"

"No one", Luke said quickly. "Uh, that's just something that I tried, and...But if you go to the next dog-eared page, I got a tune that's just...It's got a killer beat."

I flipped until I got to the next dog-eared song. I swear I saw my name at the top of one of the pages, but I chose to ignore it.

*****

I put my books in my locker and shut the door. As I walked down the hall, Carrie came up and walked beside me.

"Hey, Dahlia", she said in her normal, overly peppy voice. "I never actually got an answer from you on the party subject?"

"Oh, yeah. It should be fine", I replied. "I checked and my aunt and uncle are going to be out that weekend."

"Perfect! Just let me know if you need help with anything.", she said as she walked off. That was weird. Since when was Carrie nice to me? I continued walking when Kayla stopped in front of me. "Okay. I haven't been able to catch you alone this whole week. We need to talk.", she said, dragging me to a secluded part of the hallway.