-49-

"You're kidding, right?"
"Nope, everyone wished they were more dead." Don E responded as we stood in the kitchen. 
"Are you two done?" Blaine looked up from the catalog at us.
"Blaine, Major was on cowboy brains and I missed it." I argued.
"No, we were doing something much better, if I recall?"
"Ew, can you not, I don't exactly want to image...that." Don E shook his head as I glared at Blaine, to which he smirked, amused. "Anyways, cowboy brains are permanently 86ed, which is weird, 'cause I'd think cowboys are to hookers as..."
"Astronauts are to Tang?" Blaine finished Don E's sentence.
"Exactly! I hear "cowboy," I think Deadwood. But Blaine, there was no dead wood. These cowpokes didn't want no pokes." Don E continued.
"Here's where we went wrong." Blaine pointed at the catalog, "look at the fine print."
"Professional Born-Again Riders of America. We tell the devil to buck off?" Don E threw the book back down, "what is this, six-point type?"

"Where do we stand on new muscle?" Blaine changed the subject.
"It's handled. I already hired Carl." Don E informed.
"Crybaby Carl," Blaine gave him a look of disbelief, "I would rather put a volleyball on Dino's body."
"Would be an upgrade if you ask me, certainly wouldn't talk as much." I stated, thinking about the traitor.
"It's a medical condition, the guy's got faulty tear ducts. He's actually a sociopath in a good way." Don E argued Carl's case. That's when we heard ice spill out from one of the new shipments, turning to see none other than Stacey Boss standing inside of it. "So who do I have to bang to get a hot toddy?"

After providing him with his drink, and a seat, we began the conversation, my eyes glancing at the cooks every now and again as they prepared various brains. "So, what brings you to our fair, walled-in city Cobain museum? The fish market? The coffee?" Blaine spoke first.
"I've been keeping tabs on my former money launderer, Casper Cotter, while he's in prison. He has a major stash of my money hidden away somewhere, and I've been eager to find out where it is." Boss informed.
"Hey, thicker slices, those will burn in seconds!" The pair fell silent at my shout, "sorry, continue." I looked back at Boss.
"I've tried getting to him on the inside but this schmuck hides in solitary. I haven't been able to get to him. And that's where you come in." He explained, ignoring my outburst at the poor newbie.
"I do?" Blaine raised an eyebrow.
"A little bird tells me the state pen has agreed to take 20 of Seattle's worst criminals. They're bussing then down to Walla Walla and for some reason, candy-ass Casper is gonna be on that bus. We're gonna break him out and get my money back." Boss informed.
"Out of a prison transport bus?" Blaine questioned.
"We'll go halfsies on the cash, of course," Boss assured.
"Not thirdsies?" Don E spoke up.
"Yeah, reword that, buddy." I added, Boss looking between the three of us as we spoke.
"So, after the three of us take down this prison bus, how about we go to the backyard and dig a hole to China?" Blaine suggested, the sarcasm clear.
"What's the problem, Blaine?" Boss looked at him in annoyance.
"I can't commandeer a prison bus full of convicts and armed guards. We don't have that kind of manpower." Blaine stated.
"You call yourself a crime boss? You should have an army of nameless, faceless, yes men who are too stupid to do anything but listen to you. And I thought you were some super strong zombie, congratulations on the engagement, by the way." Boss looked at me.
"I won't force zombies into danger." I responded, unconsciously playing with the ring on my finger.
"Blaine, what about..."
"Wait. We don't have an army full of stupid, nameless, faceless yes men. But we know someone who does." Blaine cut Don E off we immediately caught on.
"Brother Love." Don E let out a whisper and Blaine nodded.
"That's right, Don E, Brother Love."

Boss looked confused, but I kissed Blaine's cheek, before walking away to slice up some brains. I'd only gotten through one when a pair of arms gently wrapped around my waist, hands landing on my stomach. "Not here, Blaine." I whispered, turning out of his hold, "you going to see Angus?"
"Actually, we are." He chimed as if it were my favourite thing to do.
"Why?" I scowled.
"You really think I can convince Angus alone? I may need some of that voodoo you do." Blaine responded, playing innocent.
"Voodoo? Blaine, I'm a lose cannon at the minute," I lowered my voice, "we can't stand being around that man longer than I have to."
"Which is why you'll be by my side at all times, I'll call him here and we'll talk on our turf." He assured, taking my hand, "everything will be fine, I promise."
"Okay, when's he coming?" Blaine looked up, pretending to be in thought, "you already called him."
"I already called him." He admitted.
"Blaine." He took my hands, not caring for the blood that decorated them.
"It'll be fine."
"If you say so." I sighed, before cleaning up, and following him upstairs.