-30-

When I woke up the next day, I was alone in Rob's bed, he was nowhere to be found. I didn't even realise I had fallen asleep last night, all I remember is talking into the early hours whilst he listened and comforted me. Rob pretty much knew as much about me as I did, if you took away any Shady Plots secrets. I got out of bed, sighing at my messy state, before opening up his wardrobe and stealing a hoodie to hide my old top. I fixed my hair into a quick plait, before walking out.

Upon leaving the room, my stomach growled as I smelt the familiar food of the undead. "What's cooking down here then?" I asked, walking down the steps and into the kitchen.
"I think you know the answer to that, the form they're in however, is.." He turned to me with a stack of spiced up, brain filled pancakes.
"Yes!" I grinned, instantly running over and picking one up, instantly dropping it back down. "Shit, hot! That was hot!" I cursed, blowing on my fingers, and doing a little jump up and down.
"You know, for an all powerful zombie, you're pretty clumsy." Rob laughed, pulling out a knife and fork for me to use.
"I'll take that as a compliment, I think. Thank you." I smiled, kissing his cheek as I took the plate and sat down. He brought over his own stack, and sat opposite me.

"So, what do you want to do today?" He asked, I looked up in silence, too busy eating to reply. After a couple of seconds I spoke.
"Well, I've got a business to keep running, so it will be back to work." He nodded from the other end, before glancing at his watch.
"You better hurry then, it's already ten." I laughed at him.
"Oh, Rob. The boss is never late, the employees are simply early."
"Point made, also don't let me get on your bad side, if you're this fierce as a human, I'd hate to see the red eyed version." That's when he noticed the hoodie, "oh, already stealing my clothes? I'll take it I'm not getting that back for a while, remind me to bug you when I go to your place." I froze, technically, I didn't have a place, I had a funeral home, where I had begun to sleep on the sofa, or in a casket. "Yeah, no. We don't have much space over at the home, unless you want to sleep in a casket." I joked, forcing a small laugh. He couldn't see through it, joining me in laughter, even though mine wasn't actually real.

I finished up eating, before quickly washing any pots. "Right, I'm heading off to work. I really enjoyed your company, Rob. Thank you, so much." I kissed his cheek, giving him a light hug.
"You can come back anytime." He grinned, but deep down I felt a lot of guilt. I wasn't ever going to get over Blaine.
"Thanks again, goodbye." I waved, stepping out of the door and heading towards Shady Plots. I didn't care how long the walk was, I wasn't going to get tired.

I soon got there, and walked inside, smiling at Blaine who sat on the side of the desk. "Morning." I said, walking over. He smiled, "morning, Jess." A small silence fell, and I felt like something was wrong with him.
"Are you alright?" I asked, sitting down. He nodded.
"Yeah, just have a question."
"What would that be?" I raised an eyebrow.
"Why wasn't I told that I am the co-owner of this business?" I froze up and he watched on, waiting for an answer.
"How'd you know?" I questioned.
"Don E."
"Oh, well..." I let out a sigh, "truth is, I don't know. There's so much you've forgotten, that if I attempted to explain, it would ruin your life." I went to stand, and walk away before he could question me, but he grabbed my hand. "Just so you know, I'm not going to try and take all of the control, clearly you know what you're doing, I just wish you'll be honest with me from now on."
"Of course. Hey, is Don E around, I want to talk to him." Blaine shook his head.
"He took off earlier, wanted money. Pissed that he got shot."
"He's gone! Oh, damn it." I walked away, and straight downstairs.

I pulled out my phone, instantly dialling Don E's number. "Jes-"
"Shut up. You get back here right now, you hear? Don E, why the hell did you just up and leave?!" I screamed at him.
"I got shot! I get that I'm a zombie, but I could've died Jess! Chief did die! I'm telling you that Blaine is faking it, you just need to see it. Open your damn eyes!"
"Don E, how could you?" Tears rose as the words left his mouth.
"I'm not coming back Jess." He lowered his voice again.
"Then what's left for me? Please, I can't do this." I had never begged for anything in life, but here I was, begging for my family to stay.
"I'm sorry, believe me, but I can't just sit around and watch you get hurt anymore. Love you, sister."
"Love you too, bro." He hung up, and I began to cry. There was nothing, nobody left here for me. I should just leave, and let Blaine ruin the company how he wants. I'm sure Don E could feed the zombies in his own way, besides, it's not like they didn't survive without me before I arrived.