-7-

When I woke up, it was a sunny day and it almost would seem like nothing happened yesterday, except it did, the good and the bad. Me and Blaine, well we're happy as far as I know, but he's now human, and I'm....I don't know what I am. "Morning, Jess," Blaine smiled, appearing at the door in a suit and his hair neatly in place.
"Morning, what's with the getup?" I asked, getting up from my bed.
"Well, we're going to a funeral home. New base camp, possibly home." He replied, I shrugged.
"Typical. Pick the place for the dead." I laughed, kissing his cheek, before pushing him out so I could change. I picked a small, back dress with a pearl necklace, before brushing out my hair and leaving it to fall naturally.

"So? Does this look good for my new profession?" I asked, doing a mini twirl

"Perfect, come on, you can eat on the way there." He said, pushing a bag into my hand and ushering me out of the door.

A few hours later, at midday, Blaine was selling coffins and I was sat at the desk, entertaining myself as I spun in the chair. He soon entered the room, after saying goodbye to a happy couple. "How are you liking this place?" Blaine asked, pulling me up so he could sit, before pulling me back into his lap. "Alright. Although I feel kinda lonely without the rest of the gang." I replied, with a sigh as I leant into his shoulder. "What about you? How'd you feel without full zombie inside of you?" I asked, looking up at him.
"Full zombie?" He questioned.
"Yeah, I can still feel a thin connection to you." I informed, handing him an iPad which had a coffin page open. "For your, stock management." He nodded, tapping me to get up so he could look at the white coffin ahead of us. Then I felt her enter, I watched closely and found the hairs on the back of Blaine's neck stand up.

"Oh, the humanity," Liv spoke up, Blaine chuckled and I stood, glaring at her.
"You see anything you like? It's so rare the dead get to chose. We've got one with a breakaway lid, that's a real timesaver for today's zombie looking to make that classic hand-shooting-up-through-the-dirt big entrance. I don't mind admitting...you were an inspiration behind this venture. Letting the brains come to you? Mwah." I rolled my eyes as Blaine kissed his hand, Liv getting ever closer as he walked to stand by my side at the desk. "Fortunately, our previous enterprise provided me enough startup capital I needed to diversify." Blaine explained, she still looked at us, judging.
"And Seattle's zombie population heeds of already deceased people as God intended. How low must the bar be for me to be able to say, with some sincerity, that I'm proud of you two?" Liv asked, stepping closer. Blaine picked up a chocolate, "chocolate?" He asked, I rolled my eyes knowing that he knew we couldn't have them if we wanted flavour.
"Rain check." Liv snapped. Blaine suddenly acted like he had a sprout of memory appear, "forgot. Tastebuds as kaputski as the rest of you." He put it in his mouth and made pleased sounds, as if to make us jealous. I slapped his arm. "Are you eating that or impregnating it?" Liv questioned, Blaine flopped into the chair, waving me off. I sighed, walking out and grabbing a cloth to polish one of the coffins.

As I polished the wood, they entered, although I didn't bother listening. At least until Liv said one thing. "We're not sure your cure is permanent."
"What?" I questioned, instantly turning.
"The first batch killed the test rat inside of two days." She told us.
"And which batch did you shoot us up with?" Blaine asked, now I worried and walked over. I gripped his hand.
"The second. So let me appeal to your self interest. You're likely on borrowed time and if we don't get that tainted utopium...you may wake up finding yourself with a hankering for some of the pink stuff." Liv smirked, I rolled my eyes slightly less worried. One of what I guessed was a new guy walked in, clearing his throat. We looked over, "shipment just arrived." He informed, Blaine nodded waving him off.
"Tell you what, Liv Moore. I'll make some inquiries about that special boat-night utopium." He said, looking back at her.
"Inquire like your life depends on it," she snapped walking towards the door. "Oh, and you two can save your respectable businessmen jiggery-pokery for someone who might buy it." She added.
"Hand to God. Your boyfriend scared us straight." I smiled, at her sweetly.
"We're changed people, you'll see." Blaine continued, "we'll earn your trust, we should go out one night. Bust some criminal skulls, heh." As soon as she was gone my smile dropped and I groaned.
"Can she be anymore annoying, oh and what's this new shipment?" I questioned, turning to Blaine.
"Come on, I'll show you,"

We walked to the basement which was practically a kitchen. "Gentlemen, let's take a look at this bad boy." Blaine said, letting go of my hand and opening the coffin. It was full of utopium. "Who's gonna rule seattle? We are, Jessica...100 percent pure and uncut." He began to chuckle as he examined a tiny bottle, before throwing it back in. "So, whilst you're enjoying your moment, I'm gonna just go over here..." I slowly turned and sat on the counter, smiling at his crazed state. He eventually calmed down, and walked over to me, stopping inches away, smiling. "What?" I asked, smiling back. He just kissed me before walking back upstairs, "what!?" I shouted after him again, running up the steps.

"Boo!" I screamed as he jumped at me, just as I reached the top step. My first reaction along with the scream was also to hit him, zombie strength. "Oh my god! Blaine! Blaine, are you okay?" I cried, rushing to him as he leant over, clutching his cheek.
"Yeah, fuck, I'll be fine." He winced and I pushed him into the chair, examining the mark on this face. '
"You idiot, why'd you have to scare me like that huh?" I asked, walking back downstairs and grabbing some ice, before reappearing to place it on his cheek. "Worth it, I get free care from such a gorgeous woman." He teased, placing his hand over mine. I laughed, rolling my eyes. "Shut up, or you'll have one to match on the other side." I threatened.
"No I wouldn't." He challenged, looking into my eyes.
"No, no, you wouldn't." I admitted, he smirked at my defeat before pulling me closer to sit. "We need to get another chair for this desk." I complained, twisting so I could comfortably rest on his shoulder whilst he filled in paperwork. "Nope, I'm good."
"Blaine.."
"What?" I burst out laughing at his innocent look, "shut it." I continued to laugh, comfortably leaning on him.

We sat in silence for an hour, I was almost asleep, when the new guy reappeared. "Boss, we found him."
"Good, dismissed." Blaine replied, I didn't move. "Come on, get up." He said tapping my shoulder. I just groaned and looked up at him, "Jess."
"Blaine." I laughed as he was now getting annoyed.
"I don't want to move though.." I complained. He didn't reply, instead I found myself being lifted and carried outside, into the car.

"God dammit, Blaine!" I complained, fixing my dress as he started the car.
"Sorry, but you're the one who wouldn't move." He stated, I rolled my eyes.
"Whatever." There was a small silence as I watched the world out of my window, before speaking up. "Where are we going?" I asked, turning around to look at Blaine.
"To visit an old friend, just get some rest. I'll wake you when we arrive." He replied, taking a hand off the wheel to pat my knee. I nodded, before yawning and resuming my previous position, leaning on the window, eyes closed.

I quickly found myself being shaken awake by Blaine, I also found it dark when I stepped out of the car. He led me up some steps to a long, white, cabin, before knocking. "Open up, I'm here on business." There was no reply as we heard footsteps inside. "I can here you moving around in there." Blaine teased, before leaning back onto the door. "I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I wanted to be at the funeral but things came up." He looked at me smirking, and I held back a giggle. "Look, I need to talk to you about the night of the boat party. Someone cut the Utopium that night. It was you, right? You and your twin? There's a payday." So that's why we were here, Liv. "A big one, for whoever can show me how it's done. Don't make me huff and puff man." Suddenly, we heard the click of the door and Blaine stood straight. "Don E, Long time brother." Blaine smirked on victory.
"I didn't cut it, but I know who did. Is there some kind of finders fee?" He asked.
"Depends, if you do your job right." I spoke up, coming into view of the door. He looked from me to Blaine, "who's she?" He questioned, Blaine didn't even bother trying to answer as he moved to let me speak.
"I'm Jessica, not that you'd want me to answer since I clearly can't talk for myself, Don E." I snapped, Blaine chuckled behind me.
"That's my girl. Now, come on. We've got a long task ahead of us."

We all walked down, to the car. Don E went to get into the front but I let out a zombie growl, making him switch to the back. I happily sat in the front, with Blaine who continued to laugh at me, just being me. "So, where are you guys taking me?" Don E asked as we drove.
"Funeral home, It's not a bad place, really." Blaine replied, glancing at him in the mirror. He rolled his eyes, "great. Druggy works with dead people. You work there too?" He looked at me, I nodded.
"Partners, we used to work somewhere completely different, but things are...complicated." I sighed, thinking about Cissie, who had been an Aunt in my eyes. "That's over now, don't worry. I'm sure we're gonna have lots of fun.."