-34-

"Hey, Jess, what are you making?" Blaine walked into the kitchen, making his way over and wrapping his hands around my waist. I leant back, flipping the brain-stuffed pancake as I did so. "Brain pancakes, there's a batch of normal ones behind you, if you'd stop trying to cop a feel, you'd notice." He raised an eyebrow at my words, turning and allowing me to spot his bruise, still clear from Liv's punch. "Someone is defensive today," his smile faded as he caught my eyes staring, "would you stop that? It makes me feel weak, I could've handled her if I wasn't facing an undead freak." He pointed out.
"That undead freak, is my kind, and she used to be yours." I chimed as I sat down, eating the pancakes, topping them with hot sauce.

"Morning, Blaine!" I looked up, spotting Candy walking in, obviously undressing Blaine with her eyes as she swayed over to him. "Hey, you know, just because your name's Candy, doesn't mean you always have to put on a sweet smile." I reminded, before pointing to the spare food.
"Grab whatever, it might be poison, might not."
"I see you two haven't changed, I'm still waiting on the zombie cat fight." Blaine spoke up, causing me to kick him under the table as Candy rolled her eyes, backing off. "Okay, okay." He raised his hands in defence, "although, it would be hot."
"I'm leaving, Candy, there's deliveries to be made, find a guy or do it yourself, I don't care." I stood up, walking upstairs and continuing into our bedroom.

Blaine was quick to follow, but I just rolled my eyes as he grabbed my hand, turning me around to face him. "What's wrong with you today?" He asked, "you're taking more hits at Candy than usual."
"Maybe because she might as well make out with you, I mean, you let her do what she wants to you!" I found myself shouting, although my mind was telling me to stop, I couldn't. "She walks around here all day, staring at you, trying to get into your pants, tryi..."
"Alright, I get it. But this isn't like you, what brain did you just eat?"
"I don't fucking know, alright? I was tired after yesterday, and I just grabbed one and threw it in, clearly they had issues."
"Yeah, someone is extremely jealous." He grinned, his eyes filling with an amused glint.
"You're ego needs lowering, mister." I snapped back, looking away and sitting on the bed.
"Come on, I'd be jealous too if someone wanted me."
"And it's going up." I let out a small sigh, before squealing as he tackled me, laying me down as he hovered above me, smirking. "Now what? You got a death wish?" I stared at him, daring him to try and argue.
"Nope." He kissed me, before walking out, "oh, and have fun on jealousy brains!" He called. I just let out an annoyed groan, rolling over and looking at myself in the mirror. I stood up, walking over and placing my hand over the small heart charm that hung around my neck. "If only I knew it'd be like this when I was younger, maybe I would've stayed at home instead of running away." I muttered, before snapping out of it. Brains had never affected me this bad, it just proved how tired I was, being unable to keep the deceased's thoughts from becoming my own. I turned around, laying back down and closing my eyes, everything would be better after a nap...

I groaned, shooting upright at a loud sound, a familiar sound that made me shiver. "Blaine, are you drunk and decided to do fire practice inside again?" I walked to the door, calling his name down stairs. No reply. But I felt three zombies, one too familiar. "Blaine!" I began to panic a little, rushing down faster, only to find Blaine gasping for breath, a bullet wound in his gut and not a single one of the zombies in sight. They'd all fled, and I rushed to kneel down over him. My eyes went red as I panicked, but when he brushed my hair behind my ear, his hand stopped on my cheek, calming me enough to regain control.

"Hey, hey, stay with me, okay?" I lifted his head, and rested it on my lap, my hands going down and placing pressure on the open wound. "I'm okay, Jess, don't worry.."
"Blaine DeBeers, that is a gut shot!" I argued, tears coming to my eyes as I tried my best to stop the bleeding. He just shook his head, his hand falling down, and when his eyes began to shut I panicked, reaching down and scratching him by instinct. "Come on, work dammit! Work! You promised I wouldn't be alone, Blaine! You promised you wouldn't leave me!" I scratched him again, my head telling me it was useless, my body unable to listen. "Blaine! Please!" My fingers tangled themselves in his hair as I begged for him to get up. All of a sudden his eyes shot open, his wound closing as he sat up. His skin faded into the familiar pale tone that matched mine, and his eyes went a little red. I began to cry even more, leaning forwards and wrapping my arms around him tight. "I told you I'm not going anywhere." He whispered, a smirk on his face as he wiped my eyes, the both of us smiling. "You know, your zombie mode is hot." Blaine commented, making me laugh as I hit his shoulder.
"Shut up!"
"What? You know it's true." I smiled again, kissing him hard, before pulling him to stand up.
"So, who was here and why?" I asked.
"I think you already know the answer to that first one, our old friend decided to buy our stock for cheap. All of it." Blaine's jaw clenched, and I froze up.
"Why? Why would Don E do this to you, to me?" I felt my heart break at the betrayal, and I found myself walking downstairs.

"Goddammit!" I kicked the stool in the corner, seeing the open and empty fridge. Then I caught sight of the old brewing kit Don E used to use for our drink experiments, pain taking over as I ran over and threw it to the floor, smashing every last piece of glass by standing on it.  "Hey, Hey, hey! Stop!" Blaine ran down the stairs, pulling me away from the mess. I didn't fight, I didn't scream, I just cried. For once, I felt pain. "It hurts, Blaine. It hurts so much, I trusted him, he was my brother."
"Hey, it's okay, I'm going to fix this. My father was involved, he might not have known I'd get shot, alright? Just take a deep breath." Blaine held me tight, and I calmed myself.
"Who shot you?" I questioned, taking a deep breath.
"Dino." Blaine replied, and I nodded.
"Okay, fine, you're right. Don E might not have known you'd get shot, but we know now that he's working with Angus." I reminded.
"Yeah, but first we need cement and a bucket, oh and a gun. Then we need to figure out where they are," Blaine sat on the stairs, and I smiled, watching him, "what? What's that look for?"
"How would you like to start a bar fight?" I asked in response. He smirked, catching on as I grabbed his hand and led him all the way over to the entrance of The Scratching Post.

"Where are we?" Blaine questioned, looking around the alley.
"Would you stay quiet, look." I pointed to the truck at the other end, where Don E and Tanner were lugging a huge crate down into the bar, whilst Dino just strolled past. "What's down there?" Blaine asked, staring at them as they disappeared.
"It's called The Scratching Post, a zombie bar. I gotta tell you, the place is pretty fun, when I went the over night it was packed. Although, some of the guys in there have no respect." I explained, Blaine's head instantly turned to look at me.
"What happened?"
"Don't worry, nothing I couldn't scare off." I smiled, kissing his cheek before turning away, "now, I believe your order of cement and shit should be here soon, let's get home."
"Hold on a second, what happened?" He grabbed my wrist, pulling me back towards him.
"Blaine, I'm being serious, nothing. Is this because you're a zombie again? It doesn't mean you can just barge in and kill whoever you want, there's at least 12 in there, and some are Fillmore Graves soldiers. Just drop it." I took his hand, and dragged him back again, this time, he followed, but walked slightly ahead to show he was still in charge, making me roll my eyes.

Once safely back in the basement of Shady Plots, I flicked on the radio to loud and Blaine wandered outside to find his tub of supplies. "So, what's the master plan?" I asked, watching him take a bag of zip ties out of the bucket, along with tape and ammunition. He looked down at me and smirked, knowingly, just as we heard a faint ''hey'' behind us. He instantly turned around, drawing his gun whilst I turned down the music.
"We're done with the trim outside." The employee said, holding up his hands in fear.
"Careful there. Almost added another stain to those overalls." Blaine warned, and he looked down slowly, then back at us.
"I think you might have." He admitted. Blaine looked sideways at me, and I smiled, placing a hand over the gun and motioning for him to leave with my head. Then I turned the music back up, and Blaine explained the plan.

"And when that's done, what happens to this place?" I asked him, sitting down on the bed, after we made our way upstairs.
"Doesn't matter, I'll figure it out. Don't worry about it, okay?" He smiled at me, and I licked off some hot sauce off my fingers that had been left behind from my late night snack. "Another reason you make a hot zombie." Blaine spoke up, giving me a wink as he smiled.
"And if you keep repeating it, I'm gonna have to leave, it's scary." I teased, laughing as his smile faded, "awww, what is it? Upset that I won't let you act like a horny teenage boy now you're back on team Z?"
"Right, what brain are you on now? Not that I'm complaining, it beats the jealous wife." He attempted to defend himself, making me smirk as I folded my arms and raised an eyebrow at him. "Don't know, actually. Besides, I don't get affected every time. I was just extremely tired on the jealous brain." I reminded, laughing when he raised an eyebrow as he watched me stand up, beginning to get changed for the night.

"Then what are you up to?" He questioned, sitting down himself. I rolled my eyes, before turning back to him, walking forwards and sitting on his lap. "Celebrating, now shut up." I leant forwards, pressing my lips on his and grinning as he gave in, kissing back and running a hand through my hair. When we pulled apart, he was looking at me with a victorious smirk, he'd won without trying, and I knew it. "I guess tonight will be fun after all." Was all he said, before pulling me closer again, I guess him being dead was the best thing I could wish for...