-11-

"I swear to god.." I laughed as Don E was dancing around to some stupid music that he was playing on his laptop. Blaine was upstairs, talking with a woman who wanted statues at someone's funeral. Then we heard a knock, "Chief! Get the door." I ordered, running over and shutting the laptop.
"Hey, that's my jam." Don E complained, but I shushed him as I watched the door open. I was instantly overcome by anger as Blaine's dad walked in.

"You're not welcome here, not until you're dead, anyway." I snapped, he just rolled his eyes, pulling a gun and placing it to my head.
"Back off, sweetie. Or you, and your friend, get it." His guard held a gun to Don E, Chief looked at me but I shook my head.
"What do you want?" I asked, he smirked.
"That, my dear, will have to wait. You, go get Blaine." Angus looked at Don E, who looked at me.
"Do as he says, Chief back down. Could you, maybe, point that somewhere else." I requested, stepping back and watching him out away the gun. "Thanks." I smiled, pulling a seat. "Sit, please. Can I get you anything?" I asked, but he shook his head.
"I'll just wait."

A minute later Don E reappeared, Blaine trailing behind. As soon as he walked in, I sped over to his side, taking his hand. Angus turned, standing up, "son."
"Dad, I'd hoped your first visit here would be more....horizontal." Blaine stated, exactly what I said earlier, he shouldn't be here until he's dead. "I'm afraid I've got some bad news." He turned and in an instant his guard shot Chief in the cheek, "you work for me now." I flinched, feeling a shock in my own cheek, as if my connection was stronger, not just mentally, but physically too. Blaine noticed, and turned to Don E, who came closer and pulled me further back from the situation. "Chief you had one job." Blaine whined.

"What happened?" Don E whispered as we stood in the corner, near the fridge.
"I don't know, I could feel Chief get shot, except I didn't feel pain that was as bad. Almost like someone pricked me with a needle where he got hit." I explained, rubbing my cheek.
"Alright, you think this could be to do with the cure that they gave you? You know, since you were born a zombie it must've made your cells enhance, to fight it off. Almost like how you expand an umbrella to deflect rain, your cells must've become stronger to stay dead." I stared at him in shock, "what?" He questioned, I just laughed.
"You actually just came up with a smart, logical explanation. I'll have to get Ravi to look into it." I stated, as Blaine walked over.

"Jess here, has just made a special in colour-blind electrician!" He said to his dad, opening the fridge, giving us confused looks.
"I'll tell you later." I whispered, he nodded.
"Nothing in ungrateful parasite?" His dad hissed.
"What, me?" Blaine questioned, "zombie brains don't do the trick. Every zombie knows this." He added, Angus came closer.
"Yes, but you're no longer a zombie, are you?" Blaine shut the fridge.
"The last time you dropped by my office, when your girlfriend knocked me about a little, I was ready. I had you two followed. That woman who does your makeup? She has a low threshold for pain." I growled angrily, I knew Camdy would mess us up somehow, especially when she went missing. "I know all the names on your client list. That pounding in your ears...it's the sound of your leverage evaporating. I am the new CEO here." Angus stated.
"Who says I won't just..." As I was about to reveal about my power over zombies, Blaine held out his hand, and gently shook his head. I rolled my eyes.

Angus stayed right next to Blaine, holding out a finger to his neck. "You love being human, the food, the sex. You always were a hedonist. You're built for it. So, you'll do what I say, when I say it, or.." He made a scratching motion, "back to zombie land for you. Got it?" Blaine nodded, "here's your first job." I walked over and rested my chin on Blaine's shoulder, looking down at the picture of two men. "Mark Jarrett. Rival of mine. Needs taking care of."
"You want his brain? Help yourself to some trade secrets?" We asked.
"His son's actually, he's their heir apparent, in on everything. So I get the trade secrets, and the bonus of emotionally devastating my rival." Angus replied.
"So this guy loves his son?" Blaine questioned, mocking, but there was hurt beneath it.
"The boy's vacationing on Mount Rainier. A remote cabin. Should be easy pickings..well, get to it. Knock out this assignment and there's an employee of the month trophy with your name on it." Angus explained.
"Not even interested in how I was cured, huh?" Blaine asked.
"Why would I be? Immortality suits me."
"I can soon change that." I muttered, Blaine was still annoyed, and wrapped his arm in mine.