-17-

I spent the next day, wandering up and down the stairs. We had a service today and Blaine had gone to make sure Peyton knew that it meant nothing. That left me to set everything up. I was straightening up the casket on the main stage, adding a quick coat of polish. "Hey, slow down there soldier!" I jumped as Blaine called to me, walking down the steps towards where I stood.
"I'm just finishing up, how'd it go?" I asked, turning to him and accepting a kiss.
"Well, our good friend Liv showed up. But it's over, for good." He informed and I smiled.
"Come on, let's go get ready. People will be arriving in less than an hour."
"Alright, just one more thing for me to sort. I'll see you upstairs." He nodded, walking out and leaving me to grab the last bouquet of flowers. I placed it on a small table, before standing in the door frame and smiling at my handiwork, in your face Don E, this girl can pull together the perfect funeral.

Satisfied, I walked upstairs, walking straight to the wardrobe and pulling out my usual dress. "How'd I look?" Blaine asked, appearing form the bathroom.
"Good, but come here." I replied, and he walked over. I placed my hands in his tie, and untied it. "What was wrong with it?" He questioned as I pulled another out of the draw.
"That was dark blue, Blaine. Not black." I mocked, walking back over and laughing at him.
"Really? I guess I'm just dumb then." He sighed, watching as I did up the tie for him.
"Aaaand, done. Now get downstairs and open the doors, I'll be down in ten."

He walked out and I quickly got changed into the dress, before walking over to the mirror and giving my hair a quick brush. My rushing this morning had caused it to completely knot, so to avoid any further hassle, I just tied the sides back. Neat and out of the way, perfect.

I quickly headed downstairs, smiling at the guests that had filled the room. As I was walking, my eyes landed on Blaine, who seemed to have froze. When I got closer, I saw why. Mr. Boss was here, standing right in front of him. "We'll be doing the, um..." I quickly took my arm into Blaine's, looking at Mr Boss. "Excuse him, he always gets rattled when it comes to this time, such a sad sight. What he was trying to say, was the service is starting soon, in the chapel. I'm sorry for your loss." I cut in, smiling and kissing Blaine's cheek.
"Thank you, the place looks perfect, clearly a woman's touch." As Boss turned back, we both let out a relieved sigh. I went on my tiptoes, whispering in Blaine's ear, "now I've showed my face, I'm gonna grab a bite to eat." I said, and he turned to me.
"I'm coming down, everything's in their hands now." I looked into the room where the service began, and nodded.

"That was scarily close." I spoke up, pulling a brain form the fridge along with some homemade chilli bread and other spices from the cupboard. "Yeah, we need to be careful, good cover. You're quick on your feet." Blaine complemented as I made my sandwich. Next thing I knew, he pulled out a record. "Mozart, or Debussy?" He asked, I shrugged.
"Debussy." Then the music filled the room and I put away any spare ingredients, placing my sandwich on a plate after taking a bite.

That's when another voice filled the room, "Mozart?" It was Mr. Boss.
"Debussy." Blaine replied, stepping closer to me as I hid my zombie food.
"So close. Come on, Blaine. Don't look so surprised. I never forget a face." He said, with a sigh. Blaine's jaw clenched, and I grabbed the nearest towel, covering the sandwich. "I'm surprised you remember me. Owner of a major league team usually doesn't remember the bat boy." Blaine spoke up as Boss walked further down the stairs.
"The good owners do. And you were more than a bat boy. You were an intriguing Double-A prospect likely to play in the bigs."
"Had I known." Blaine responded, as we turned to look at him properly.
"Looks like you've done well for yourself. Place must've cost a pretty penny, and to top it off, you have a fine woman by your side." Boss looked across at me, and Blaine wrapped his arm around my waist, protectively. "So, who prepares your taxes? Her?" Boss asked, I rolled my eyes.
"I have a name, it's Jess." I snapped, Blaine smirked.
"We've got a guy."
"Oh, a guy. I hear he's good. You know, as small business owners yourselves, you probably know when an employee leaves his job, two weeks notice is standard." Boss now spoke with a different tone, more threatening than before.
"About that, um...I saw things at that boat party. Things that still haunt me. I spent a couple weeks shivering in a dark room. I decided it was a sign I needed a change." I sighed, leaning on Blaine's shoulder, keeping up with his lie.
"A sign, huh?" Boss questioned, Blaine nodded. "Think god was so desperate to change your ways, that he slaughtered all those innocent people to make a point?"
"Well, we're talking about the same guy who thought Noah's Ark was a solid plan, so..."