-28-

"Then don't control them, we'll find another way. Who knows how much worse this could get for us if you're on the other team." Liv replied, and looked at Major.
"How many round of ammo do we have left?" He asked.
"Not enough." Clive replied, pulling out his phone.
"Any signal?" Liv glanced over, but he shook his head.
"I've got my knife, but that's me." I stated, as Clive looked at the glass.
"These windows, aren't long for this world." He said, referring to the four of us.

Suddenly, the roof vent caved in, and shots were fired at the zombie. "Not the most efficient use of our bullets." Clive commented, I rolled my eyes at them.
"No shit, once again, knife." I gestured to my equipped hand.
"There's no way to close this up." Major cut in, looking up at the hole. "Look, more are going to find their way in."
"I've got six rounds left." Liv informed.
"I've got three, but only two for them. No way I'm getting eaten alive." Clive stated. Us three zombies shared a look, and I nodded at Liv.
"There's another option. I could scratch you." She suggested, Clive's eyes went wide.
"You wanna turn me into one of them?" He questioned, pointing back to the windows.
"Not one of them, one of us." We all said, just as another zombie came in.
"We're running out of time." I snapped, as yet another fell through.

"Clive!" Liv shouted at him, shooting the next invader. "That was my last round, we don't have enough time or ammunition to argue about this. I need to scratch you."
"I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll stick with my original plan." Just as he replied, multiple shots were heard, and I watched as all the zombies fell. "Get some!" A woman shouted from outside.
"Who the hell is that?" Major questioned, getting a shrug from me as I looked out.
"Let's get out of here."

When we left, Major reclaimed his axe from the nearby corspe, then we joined the woman. "Uh..thank you?" Clive was the first to speak. She turned to us.
"Vivian Stoll, Fillmore-Graves Enterprises."
"Clive Babineaux, Seattle PD. This is Liv Moore from the medical examiner's office."
"You're gonna be a busy girl." Liv looked around in dismay, and I sighed at the carnage.
"Major Lilywhite. Personal Trainer." Vivian looked at me, but I didn't speak. I wasn't introducing myself to someone I didn't trust, especially after they killed zombies. "Anyway, I guess those reports about Max Rager causing manic episodes were true." Vivian stated.
"Yeah, looks that way. We were out of ammo. You got here in the nick of time." Clive agreed.
"I'm the new owner here, I'm starting to think I overpaid. We should go."
"Liv, the zombies." I whispered, as we went to move.
"Wait. We think there may be more survivors down below." Liv nodded at me.
"We're going to check it out." Clive added, Vivian looked at us, glancing at the hand, still hanging from Liv's belt. "Right. Okay, well, good luck. I'm gonna head up to the gate, call for reinforcements. Take these." She handed Liv and Clive a gun each, and we split ways.

"Here goes nothing." Liv said, as she scanned the hand on the lift. "Thank you Jeffery Grunderson. Live to the max." The lift chimed, and I punched the air.
"Right, you guys. I'm going to try and talk to someone down here, lead me on and I'll keep walking as if I were right beside you."
"What if, you know, red eyes?" Major asked, I looked at Liv.
"I'm trusting you here, don't make me regret it." I stated, looping my arm in her empty one and closing my eyes.

"Hello? Can anyone hear me?" I asked, hoping against all odds I could connect. A chorus of "yes" and "who's there." Came back.
"Hold on, not all at once. My name is Jessica Mort, we're here to help, just stay calm. We'll be there soon, I promise!"
"This is Floyd Baracus, who exactly is us?" A reasonable response brought relief.
"I'm with a couple of friends from Seattle PD, I think you know one of them, Liv Moore?" I asked.
"That I do, I'll let the others know we're in good hands." He assured.
"Thank you."