Chapter 8

Neville found himself enjoying the presence of Will and Nico. He had spent the last couple of weeks being accompanied by them in their time out of class. They even refused to company of Hermione on more the one occasion, which Neville found odd.
And even though Nico and Will had been placed in Slytherin for the brief time before the Quad-Wizard tournament begun, they only had a select couple of classes together and yet they still chose to sit next to him. Will even went as far as to partner up with Neville in certain assignments while Nico partnered with a begrudging Draco. Neville had looked across to them in the middle of defence against the dark arts and saw Nico making ...unsavoury... hand gestures whilst Draco tried to hide his disgust.
And speaking of Draco, Neville had definitely noticed that Draco and his gang had been leaving him alone since the start of the term, not once had Draco even attempted to mock or derate him. He knew it had something to do with Will and Nico, apparently it was 'family relations' as Will had told him in a clipped tone, which basically told him to stop asking questions.
Neville was currently sitting across from the two boys in the library, he was struggling hard with potions but Will was being kind enough to patiently explain it to him. Nico on the other hand was talking in a hushed tone to Draco, who had decided to come study with them, much to the confusion of Neville, because Draco hadn't opened his transfiguration text book once.

"-So all you have to do now is stir twice and then add three pinches of what?" Will asked expectedly,

Neville knew the answer and felt genuine excitement in his chest,

"Belladonna! And then you leave to rest for the night." He exclaimed proudly,

"Well done, I'm glad you picked it up rather quickly, do you want to run through the next step or leave it for the night?" Will asked as he looked at other students in the library gathering their things,

"Might as well leave it for the night," Nico spoke, Draco and himself, had already put their books, quills and parchment into their bags,
'though it's not like they used them' Neville thought.

"Alright, you two can head down to the common room, I'll walk with Neville back to his room,"
Will said as he started to help Neville put his things away. Neville looked at him with surprise, while Nico just raised an eyebrow in curiosity, Nico nodded anyways, and Draco and himself left for their common room.
Neville and Will continued to pack his things in silence, while Neville thought over his actions. He couldn't seem to understand why Will was so nice to him. It's not that he thought that Will wasn't a nice person, he just didn't understand why him. Neville knew he was nothing special, his grandmother, professor Snape and many bullies had made that clear, so he couldn't comprehend why Will was wasting his time with him.

"You're mumbling"
Will said, startling Neville out of his thoughts, he muttered a quick apology and made sure to keep his mouth shut. Will handed him his bag and they began the walk to the Gryffindor tower,

"I didn't say to stop talking, I just wanted to know what was worrying you,"
Neville just shook his head, he felt embarrassed to bring up his insecurities and he felt as if Will would realise what a loser he actually is if he said anything. Will lifted his hand to Nevilles shoulder and brought them to a stop, it wasn't until Will touched him that Neville realised that his breathing had picked up a bit,

"Hey, hey it's alright, we'll just come and sit over here for a little bit okay, we can just stay her for a bit, we don't have to go anywhere,"
Will brought them over to a window seat and rubbed his hand on Nevilles back. Will started to talk some calming nonsense to Neville, while he tried to calm his breathing,

"Hey you're gonna be okay, deep breaths just like that, yeah you're doing really good, just keep focused on deep breaths, there's no rush or pressure right now, just breathe,"
Neville felt himself calm down by Wills words, which made him feel more embarrassed and pathetic if that was even possible,

"Why do you hang out with me?"
Neville choked out is a small voice, Will gave him a small smile as if he perfectly understood what Neville was feeling,

"Because you're a nice person and you're my friend, Neville, there doesn't need to be another reason,"
Will gently lifted Neville out of his seat, "come on, let's get you to bed,"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Will got back to his shared room with Nico, to find him shirtless in bed,

"What was that about?" Nico asked, an obvious clip in his voice, he was half laid, half sat in the middle of their bed with the covers pushed off. Will smiled at him, knowing what Nico was trying to do, he began to crawl over to him. He knew Nico was a somewhat jealous person but he never really showed it unless he was in a possessive mood, which just so happened to be right now.

"Neville was just going through something, he needed a friend,"
Will told Nico, as he moved to be on top of him. Nico laid fully back and brought his arms to Wills shoulders,
"Hmph"

Will grinned at Nicos petulant tone, he nuzzled the side of his chin leaving small kisses,

"Forgive me?"

Nico rolled his eyes, and rolled them over so that he was on top, straddling Will,
"Oh if I must, now come here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neville was stood by Ginny and the golden trio as they waited outside for the other schools to arrive. Neville took a quick glance at the Slytherin house standing a couple meters away, and was shocked to see Nico staring right at him. At first he assumed that Nico must be mad at him, but he was soon relieved as Nico smiled and gave him a small wave, Neville returned the gesture with glee.
Suddenly, a voice from the crown spoke up,
"There! In the sky!"

And then another from behind him,
"Look at the lake!"

The other two schools, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang had arrived. The Quad-Wizard tournament has almost begun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Material gurl
Lmao y'all thought i was dead. Nah I was just insanely depressed. I left school moved out and started working full time so a lot went on.