19. we should just kiss

you guys are so whore knee it's silly
anyways if you know me as an author you know i like to kill everyone's dreams so...enjoy the happiness this chapter gives you while it lasts 🤗

"What the fuck."

It wasn't a question, as the phrase so often was worded. It was just a statement, a simple 'why are you the way that you are?' Charlotte didn't lift the end of her words to ask for him to explain; she fully understood he was crazy and just wanted to remind him by saying,

"What the fuck, Matthew."

"They're teeth and screws!" He grinned up at her, shaking the little container in front of Charlotte's blank expression.

"Whose?"

"Mine!"

Charlotte's head moved forward and her face scrunched. She crossed her arms, "What. The. Fuck."

Matthew went to open the box and Charlotte drew back. "Are you queasy?"

"You know I am!"

"Ah yes, the dreaded Grey's Anatomy episode event," Matthew bit his lip and shut the box. "Right, so, those are my prized possessions."

"I've been here so many times, why haven't you shown me?" Charlotte tapped his chin.

Matthew met her gaze again and shrugged, "I thought you'd run away."

"I might still," she teased and ruffled the hair upon his head.

Matthew groaned, dropping his head against her thigh. He was kneeling in front of the couch, excitedly showing her things he had been too scared to share before now. At this point, she'd seen all of him, physically, so it was time to show her his weird quirks.

Charlotte was sitting on his couch, sunken into the leather material comfortably. He'd wrapped his favorite kimono around her pj's, and she loved it. So, there they were, looking insane as he gazed up at her like a puppy dog, and she held his every move.

"Please, don't," Matthew huffed.

She shook her head, grabbing his chin in her hand and forcing her eyes to his. "Listen, you're so fucking adorable. I'm not going anywhere."

Matthew pushed himself up onto his feet and covered her with his body. Charlotte laughed loudly, head falling back against the couch.

"You're smothering me!"

"That's the point," he giggled as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He pulled her down so they were laying on the couch, but he was still on top of her.

Charlotte breathed deeply into his neck. "You smell nice." 

Her fingers trailed down his back, the material of his baby blue sweater soft beneath her touch. Matthew sighed, snuggling closer to her. His mouth was on her hair, so he mumbled, "Thank you. I showered today."

"Oh, great to know," Charlotte snickered.

The television was airing Wheel of Fortune and Matthew watched lazily from his spot. Charlotte's eyes dropped shut as she continued to rub his back.

"A Streetcar Named Desire!" Matthew called out to the television. The contestant repeated what Matthew said and he cheered softly in Charlotte's ear.

She had been falling asleep, but her eyes jolted open. "Good job, love."

The name simply fell through her lips. She didn't really mean for it to happen, but it just came naturally. Her hand paused in the middle of his back and she hitched a small amount of air into her lungs.