Meeting

Here's a quick guide! Bold font means speaking with sign. Italicized font means Kokichis thoughts. Italicized and underlined means anyone else thoughts. ' is for Kokichi '
" is for anyone else " Speech with just " " is regular.

As Kokichi awoke, the birds chirped. Though he couldn't hear it.. It was as silent as ever. As silent as normal. Being deaf wasn't the worst, you just missed out on a lot. You missed out of the noises of nature, the people talking, the cars driving by.. and a lot more. However, it was normal for the 5'1 male. It was normal to hear constant silence. And the thing was, he had been saving up money for some hearing aids, but ended up loosing it all. Every penny. It was just a bully stealing his wallet again. Normal. It was normal for him to get bullied. It was normal for the kids to make faces at him as he roamed the school halls. He had an interpreter, however he had recently moved. This meant he was alone for the time being. This was going to change today though.

The purple locks on Kokichis head were sticking straight up. He saw this as he walked by his mirror. He groaned a little at the sight, but then again, it was normal for it to do that. As he fixed his hair, he got dressed as well. It was his normal outfit, all white, with his checkered bandanna. Kokichi went to the bathroom to brush his teeth quickly, before walking down the stairs which led directly to his living room. There, he saw nobody. 'I wonder where they are..' he thought. He then turned to the kitchen, to see a strange blue haired male. 'Hm? Who's that..'

"Ah yes! Here he is, this is our son Kokichi. I'm sure you will get along with him." his mother spoke. They weren't using sign language, so Kokichi wasn't too sure what was going on. In fact, he was comptslty lost. 'Mom? What's going on?' Kokichi signed. "Ah! Kokichi, this is Shuichi Saihara. As I told you, we're going away for a while. He'll be looking after you!" 'Looking after me..?' "Yeah! I think you will get along great!" 'Nice to meet you I guess...' Shuichi smiled an waved. "Don't worry, he knows plenty of sign."

Kokichi watched as his parents spoke to Shuichi more, again, not using sign. 'I wish I knew what they were talking about... Probably me still.' He sighed, bored as ever. Why did he need someone to take care of him? He understood he couldn't hear, but he was perfectly capable of using his eyes. The only thing he needed help with was going out in public to speak at registers and things if they didn't know sign. Other than that, he was fully capable of everything. The male was sitting at the dining room table, waiting for them to stop talking. 'This is taking so long..'

After a few minutes, or the hours it felt like, they were done. "Thank you Shuichi, I look forward to working with you." "O-Of course Mrs. Ouma! It's a pleasure being able to meet your son." The married couple went over to their son as Shuichi stood there awkawardly. "Kokichi, we have to leave now. Promise you'll be good? Promise you'll behave, okay?" Kokichi simply nodded his head. 'I love you guys...' He was anxious to say the very least. Anxious to spend months with someone he didn't know. "Goodbye Kokichi," The pair hugged him, before waving to Shuichi and stepped out the front door. Now, was time for them to meet by themselves. All alone.

"Hello Kokichi! I'm Shuichi, nice to meet you." Kokichi sat there, not responding, though looking at what Shuichi was signing. "Kokichi?" He sat there, the place silent. "This... is going to be awkward.."