Confrontation

You felt your stomach lurch every step closer you got to Eric's door. You thought over what you were going to say to him what seemed like one hundred times, yet it still didn't seem right. You finally arrived at his door without even noticing, you were ready to turn back for home but you heard the door click open. You quickly turned your back to the door pretending that if you couldn't see him he wouldn't be able to see you.

"Y/N?" He asked confused, you missed his voice.

"Ahh," you dragged out as you slowly turned around. "Would you be able to talk for just a moment?" You tried to look into his eyes but you couldn't muster up the courage.

"Yeah, I was just about to go for a run." You felt guilt rise in your stomach and a sick feeling followed. He invited you inside and you sat on the floor with their coffee table between the two of you.

"I came here to apologize actually." You blurted out. "I shouldn't have gotten so worked up over something as stupid as a game." You hesitated but continued on anyway. "Truth is, I really do like you and I would like to properly date you, but I fully understand if you don't want. I mean I shouldn't even be asking for you to go out with me I don't deserve to date you." Eric continued to stare at you. "No, no," you felt heat rush to your cheeks from embarrassment. "You deserve someone who will treat you right, it's hard for me to trust others even if they haven't done anything wrong and I'm terrible at communicating, I don't know why you ever did like me." You sighed deeply. "If you do reject me, which it seems you are, I want you to find someone that is able to give you back all the love you give me. You know I could never do that, I want to, but I never deserved your love. So please just reject me and I can move on with my life." You smiled at him while tears slid down your face. Eric remained silent. "I should leave now." You got up and walked towards the door but Eric grabbed your wrist quickly.

"I don't want anyone else to love me, you can get mad at me, you can lie to me, you can cheat on me, you can break my heart and then break it again, I don't care. But I won't let you think there is anyone else I would want to love, maybe you can't trust me now but that doesn't mean it has to be like that forever." You stood confused and dazed. "I didn't know what to say before that's why I wasn't saying anything. To be honest I thought you were going to tell me you never wanted to see me again or something." He suddenly stood up and brushed the tears from your face. "Y/N, will you date me?"

"I asked you first." You shoved him, joking yet still angry that he had made you feel stupid.

"Is that a yes?" He asked. You didn't feel the need to say yes but instead kissed him.

author's note: sorry this is really sucky, I'm probably going to come back and edit this at some point but I've been really inactive so my apologies. I'm not really sure where I'll take the story next but I'll probably wrap it up in another chapter or two. I might make some one shots of ideas I was thinking of adding to this story but ended up cutting. anyway, hope everyone is safe and healthy love you all <3