The Plan

You and Eric worked on the project for the rest of Sunday and cleaned it up Monday. You walked into class on Tuesday and saw Eric and Mya sitting in their usual seats.

"You guys ready?" You smiled, looking more towards Eric than Mya.

"My project is going all the way to state I promise you." Mya bragged.

"You wish." Eric snapped back.

Mr. Gray had decided to send the best project off to state to then hopefully go to nationals, this had freaked you out but you had had a good time making the project anyways.

You sat down and waited for class to start so you could turn in your project.

"Y/N," Mya whispered during Mr. Gray's lecture, you turned to look at her. "We should have a sleepover on Friday with the ASB group so we can finish our plans for homecoming." You smiled and nodded, homecoming was coming up fast and you needed to finish the final details, some people were already asking their dates.

"Who are you hoping to go with?" You asked Mya.

"I mean I doubt he'll ask me but I'm hoping Brayden asks me. We've been talking for a while and I hope he picks up on my hints." You both laughed under your breath and looked back to Mr. Gray.

"What about you Y/N?" She asked.

"I mean-" You thought for a moment not sure what to tell her. "No one I guess, normally I like having a date but I think going by myself and friends this year would be more fun." You smiled and noticed Eric had leaned closer to you to hear your response. "What about you Eric?" Mya asked, you turned to him curious.

"Oh umm." He looked down at his hands. "No one." He said it more like a question than a statement.

"Don't worry, it's gonna be fun anyway." He smiled at you and you both returned your eyes to Mr. Gray.

After class, you began walking out the door with Mya and Eric behind you, a light conversation about the project. Once you turned the corner you saw Aiden, a boy in your grade who had seemed to text you a lot but you hadn't thought much of it. You never ignored him and just wanted to be nice but you didn't know that he thought more about your conversations.

"Y/N!" Aiden exclaimed. He held a large poster board with a cheesy quote written on it. "I may not be a SMARTIE but I know I want to go to hoco with you!" It had smarties taped around the words, you smiled softly afraid of how to break the news.

"Oh..." You said, trying to find the right words to say. "I'm sorry, I don't like you like that." Aidens hid his face which had turned a dark red. You could suddenly feel Eric lightly pressed against your side. Before you could turn to look at Eric Aiden began to speak.

"I mean, what about friends?" You could hear the pain in his voice.

"I'm sorry, I'm thinking of just going alone this time." Aiden didn't say anything only walking past you and down the hall.

"Are you okay?" Eric asked you quickly. You turned to him and nodded, Mya, grabbed your hand.

"Come on Y/N let's go." She dragged you down the hallway. You looked at Eric as Mya took you down the hallway. He opened his mouth like he was going to say something but turned the other way.

"What was that about?" You asked.

"What was that about? Y/N why'd you reject Aiden! I thought you two would be cute together, I even encouraged him to ask you."

"Mya why?!" You asked as you walked through the hall.

"You mentioned that you two texted a lot and I thought why not, you've always gone with dates so why not this year? He even offered as friends." She asked.

"I just didn't feel like it." Mya knew you well enough to know when you were lying. "Mya seriously, I'm fine."

"I'm not saying you're not fine I'm just saying that I think you like someone else." Your stomach dropped but you tried to laugh.

"Mya, what no!" You tried to sound convincing but knew you didn't.

"You tell yourself that," Mya said as you walked into the ASB room.

Mya walked ahead of you and told the other ASB members about the sleepover she had planned for Friday night, everyone agreed on it.

You couldn't wait until Friday and not just because of planning.

Sorry for such a short and lame chapter, I swear the next few ones are going to be better :) You can also leave feedback for the story, I'd love to read it!