Winter Plans

"Y/N!!!" Mia called to you as you were walking down the hallway.

"Hey, Mia." You smiled at her.

"What are you doing once we get out of school for break?" She asked you.

"I don't know, do you want to go ice skating together or something?" You asked her.

"No, well yes, but no. I was wondering if you want to go to my family's winter cabin with us and just do fun stuff I'm not sure." She laughed. You stopped in your tracks, you loved her family cabin, you haven't been there since you were younger.

"No way." You said.

"Yes! My mom said that I could invite you as long as Eric was okay with it." You looked at her intrigued.

"What did he say?" You asked.

"Why would I be asking you to come if Eric said no." You both laughed.

"I don't know maybe he doesn't want me to go."

"Oh come on, I saw you two at your competition thing."

"What?" You laughed, feeling heat rise to your cheeks. "That was just for the competition our supervisor lady told us we should act close, I swear I don't like your brother like that."

"Fine, fine, anyways, would you be okay if I brought Brayden as well?"

"Yeah that's good with me, I've been needing to catch up with your mom anyway." You joked.

"About that," Mia drifted off. "My mom, well you remember her ex-boyfriend?"

"The toxic one or the rich one?" You asked.

"Toxic." You noticed Mia began scratching at her thumb, a habit she did when she was nervous. "They're back together."

"When did this happen?" 

"A few weeks ago."

"Why didn't you say anything sooner?"

"I thought she wasn't serious, but they had supposedly been together for like a month before she told us."

"Is Eric okay?" You asked.

"I'm not sure he got really angry when she told us and RAN OFF." Mia realized how loud she had gotten and quickly hushed herself. "I have no clue where he went but my mom and I were freaked out."

"Why didn't you say anything to me?"

"What am I supposed to say? Hey Y/N is Eric at your house, he ran off after my mom got back together with her toxic ex-boyfriend that was terrible to Eric and me?"

"I'm sorry Mia, you don't have to explain yourself." You now realized that was the reason Eric had come to you that night, you felt sick and wanted to talk to Eric. 

"We could get together tonight, you, Eric, and I? At my house and it can just be a breather for you two?" You asked.

"I don't want to put that on you, you shouldn't feel like you have to." 

"You're not making me do anything. Plus Eric and I will have to start getting along if your mom is bringing her boyfriend." You laughed lightly and walked to class with Mia excited yet nervous for the trip.

Hey guys!! The writer here, sorry for this chapter being so short I was contemplating dragging this story long or cutting it but I will be posting two following parts to this so don't worry you'll be getting a lot this month!! I would also just like to say thank you all for supporting this story, I love you all <3 Happy holidays : )