3

Shoyo POV

"So like, I just slide like this?"

We were this close to finally perfecting this routine, and I'm quite impressed with my partner. She had good muscle memory, albeit being slow at learning in general, once she gets something, she doesn't make any mistakes, and she doesn't fight back when she's corrected, so that's a great thing.

"Why don't we work on the open natural turn to outside spin one more time?" I suggested as she set down her water bottle. She nodded and we quickly got in position, "Okay, so. Slow, quick, quick, quick, quick, quick, and slow." She glided through and almost slipped a bit during the turn, and that wasn't gonna work, was I the one making a mistake? I have stopped dancing for a long time now. "Um, Sa-chan, you slipped a bit during the turn, do you think we could do it one more time? If I'm holding you wrong or you feel uncomfortable with how I hold you or it's difficult for you, please let me know," I scratched the back of my nape nervously as I rambled.

She quickly took hold of both my hands into hers, "Hinata-kun, you literally are the best dancer and the one who has actual experience here, so please, don't bring yourself down, or let me bring you down. I slipped that time, but I promise we'll work on this until we finish!"

In her eyes burned a fire. Similar to one I haven't seen in a long time.

I felt my skin burn at her touch. I internally hissed and smiled dejectedly at her, trying my best not to think about it. "That's great, thank you so much Sa-chan!" I smiled.

The teacher clapped his hands to get everyone's attention, "Okay students, it's about time for you to head on out! Please be reminded that next week there will be a dry run the morning of the final performance!"

Before the students scattered out he called for attention once more, "Also, please be reminded of your costumes! You are able to go and choose to buy one yourself at shops! But if you are unable, there will be some suits and dresses provided by the school, so please let us know ahead!"

I turn towards my partner, "Sa-chan, are you going to buy? Did you ask your parents about it? I remember I asked you about it." She jumped a bit at that, "Well, my parents are in for capturing memories and it's honestly more like, hoarding memories. So they told me they would be willing to buy a dress, we're pretty loaded though, so it's not an issue." She scratched the back of her neck, laughing a bit.

I clap my hands together happily, "Okay! that's great! Um, what if I recommended a place to go and we can meet up and I can also maybe look for something?" She nodded her head and handed me her phone, "Please put in your number and I'll message you so you get mine!" I took her phone and punched in my number, handing it to her, to then have my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it and saved the contact in her name. "I'll text you the place later!" I waved as I headed out the gym.

"Okay! I'll be looking forward to it!"

.

I never expected myself to step into this shop again the last time I was here was it with her and the last time I was here was when l internally swore I couldn't chose a dress for anyone anymore.

"Welcome to Freya's Dance Boutique, how may—Sho?" It was the same old—22 now, but eh—attendant, Haru.

"Hey Haru," I waved nervously.

He quickly pulled me into a hug before letting me go and punching me in the gut, "That's for disappearing without a trace!" A bunch of people were also in the shop and paused to see the commotion by the entrance, to see lil old me hunched over in pain. "That's assault!" I squeaked when I felt like I could breathe properly again. That hurt like a butt cheek on a stick. I clutched my stomach, "Saki back me up here!" She just shrugged her shoulders, amused at this entire situation, "Nah I think you deserved that." She smirked and I gave her a glare.