7

3rd Person POV

Shoyo sat next to Takeda, cursing to himself silently that he really shouldn't be doing this shit right now, but oh well! This is where his hormones brought him. He was going to have to suck it up.

"What do you mean by that Hinata? If you don't mind me asking," his teacher was inviting, soft-voiced. He was a really comforting presence. Shoyo could only pour.

"I don't want to do this anymore, I'm sorry for the language, but this is bullshit!" Teary-eyed, he looked straight into his teacher's, "I can't just quit volleyball, I love the game too much, and all the people I've met so far, have been so cool and, and-" His shoulders sagged as he grit his teeth together.

"I'm finally not alone anymore."

Takeda placed his hand on Shoyo's back and it soothed him, "Hmm? But what else are you thinking? You wanna talk about what happened back there?"

"My old friends...rivals too, I guess...won't stop chastising me, and that's because of her."

Hinata didn't have to worry about context. All the teachers were talking shit about him anyway, they were bound to know.

"Hana, right? What did she do?" He took out a bottled water from his plastic bag of purchases.

"She...she told them to do what they're doing if ever I quit, because she never gave me the choice to...She gave us letters, you know?" Shoyo lifted his head and tilted towards his teacher, fumbling with his fingers, "I didn't finish reading mine...after all these years, I just read it not too long ago and she just...she wont allow me to stop..." He bit at his cheek, mentally cursing at threatening tears. Fist curled, slammed on his thigh, he smiled, eyes downcast,

"I don't wanna stop either."

"Then...what's blocking you?"

Hinata didn't need to contemplate, because he already knew.

"Guilt. That I'll never live up to what she expects me to be one day."

::

The team didn't let them leave, as dark as it was, they didn't even get to clean the gym yet.

"HEY! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, HUH?" Tanaka grabbed on to Hyoudo's collar tightly, lifting him up.

Gaju stared elsewhere, guilt painted on his expression. He was a dumbass. He didn't sit down to think about how Shoyo would feel with his actions, and here they were. Last time should've been a wake-up call, but his persistent ass went against even his sister. He even dragged Tatara into a mess he really shouldn't have been part of.

"Tanaka, that's enough," Daichi was shaking, so, so bad. As much as he was infuriated at the two homewreckers, he needed to cool down, he was still the Captain of his team. He was this close to following Tanaka's actions though.

The wing spiker, with eyes wide, grit his teeth, "No! You see what they did just now? They hurt Hinata! They barge in here like they own the place and they hurt our best kohai!" He grabbed on tighter to Hyoudo's collar, lifting him further.

"H-hey! Whats going on here?" A frantic voice called from behind the group.

"Asahi, thank God. Please help me stop Tanaka, I don't think I can stop him before I strangle the guy myself," Daichi pleaded, his jaw was tightly locked into place.

Asahi fiddled with his fingers behind his back as he approached the two Tokyo students. He definitely loomed over them, "I'm sorry, but Tanaka, I'm gonna have to let you let him go, you don't want to get into trouble, being in the volleyball club you know." The club was on thin ice with how much the vice principal was keenly watching their activities with a hawk's eye, one more debacle and the club could be disbanded.