5

3rd Person Pov

Hinata was having a crisis. Contemplating why he agreed so easily to coach Tanaka, something he obviously had zero experience in. Just agreed and now he has a responsibility. Okay, absolutely spectacular. Amazing. At least he was adept at making choreography.

Which is what he was doing at the moment.

He was sat on the school roof's floor as he blasted songs for Latin he had saved on his phone. Tanaka was joining a B-rank and didn't have a lot of time to prep, so Hinata decided to just get the choreography over with. An onigiri in one hand, and a pen writing on a small notebook in the other, he listed down combos and possible sequences he could teach Tanaka.

The buzz-cut boy was a passionate dancer, one who was just bursting at the seams with energy; Life of the party. He lacked a bit in the overall skills department, but he wasn't at all bad for someone who's been dancing for two years. With the right training, he could really go places. His partner he hadn't met yet, but with how Tanaka describes her, she seems just like the perfect fit for him; spunky, but feminine. They were guaranteed to be a riot on the dance floor, and Hinata made sure that their dances would reflect their personalities 100%. Considering that it was their first time being partners.

He thought back about that Tatara guy. The boy who apparently was making progress at the speed of light. For someone who's been dancing for barely a year, he was already starting to reach really high up there. An ambitious and passionate boy who really mirrored how he was years ago. Especially now that he had apparently been looking for a partner—according to the myriad of texts he's been getting from Sengoku.

He tapped the pen on the notebook, finished with the combos he had planned on using. Tanaka was going to be joining Latin as per  request, because to him it was: "Very cool and the ladies love it." So it was what he was gonna have to roll with. Hinata took a deep breath, mentally memorizing what he had just written down and stood up, scrolling through his phone for an appropriate song to dance to.

Sway - Michael Buble (Violin cover) [Now playing]

Cha-cha. Hinata let the song play through once, before then sliding the song back to the start. He got into position and the music started playing.

Snappy, fluid, timed, and sensual. Intense, passionate and suggestive. Cha-Cha was many things. And it is a harder dance than people realize. Hinata noticed a part where it could be a double count, so he added a little extra where they would change poses twice, adding some dramatic flair. He continued on his endeavor until the song ended and Hinata let out a breath.

Okay, that was good, I might have to teach Tanaka how to incorporate the slide in a beat properly.

Hinata wiped his forehead with a towel he had on his lunch bag, before freezing up.

A clap bellowed from the entrance of the roof and then came the condescending smirk from none other than Tsukishima Kei, "Wow shrimp, didn't know you danced." Hinata faced the taller and stood proud. On the dance floor you are able to meet a plethora of nationalities, which could translate to: Foreign people are tall. Even when he was still in the Junior league, there were always competitors who would loom over him. Latin dancers especially were so tall for no reason, so the ginger always made sure to make up for his height with a booming personality. Tsukishima couldn't faze him, he was around Sengoku too much to actually care; the man was 6'3.

"From what it looks you seem to be a competitive dancer, am I correct?" The blonde's eyebrow shot up as his glasses glinted in the light. Hinata just crossed his arms and shrugged, "That, but past tense." The ginger huffed and was ready to say something else, but was cut off by his phone ringing. He sighed and picked up the phone from atop his lunch bag. Without even checking the caller he answered and faced Tsukishima,
"Hello?"