#003

chapter 3

~friends~

The loud sound of the bell marked the end of yet another school day. The teacher bid the students goodbye and left the classroom. This was followed by the shuffling of feet as the students gathered their possessions and rushed out of the classroom.

Yoon-ah groaned in relief and dropped her pencil. The pencil clattered on the floor and rolled away to the other end of the classroom.

Uncaring, Yoon-ah blew stray hair out of her eyes and buried her face in her hands to collect herself. She was exhausted and every single minute of the day had felt like torture. Yoon-ah's head hurt from carrying the weight of her thoughts.

It was now nearly silent in the classroom, with a few students lingering around and talking. With a smile, Sua looked back at Jukyung to introduce herself and her friends to the newcomer.

"Lim Jukyung," Sua sounded out the girl's name one syllable at a time. "Right?"

A smile spread across her face as she nodded brightly.

"I'm Sua," the former exclaimed.

"This is my friend Kang Soojin," she added, introducing the raven-haired girl beside her.

With a polite smile, Soojin introduced herself to Jukyung, leaving the girl's stomach upset with jealousy

With a polite smile, Soojin introduced herself to Jukyung, leaving the girl's stomach upset with jealousy. Fortunately, a warm smile from the girl immediately melted away those negative feelings, replacing them with happiness.

"And that's Song Yoon-ah," Soojin continued, pointing at the girl at the back of her class.

When Yoon-ah heard her name, her head perked up, and she looked around in a daze, searching for the person who had called her.

The three girls laughed at Yoon-ah's confused state. Sua turned to the brunette and motioned for her to join them, and she silently obeyed. She sent her friends a weak smile before Sua spoke up again.

"Wah! You are so pretty. You must have been popular at your old school." Sua mused, starting a conversation with Jukyung with Soojin speaking up once in a while.

" Sua mused, starting a conversation with Jukyung with Soojin speaking up once in a while