#008

chapter 8

~the two studs of Saebom High~

Jukyung must have rung Yoon-ah's phone at least a few times a day and texted her incessantly throughout the weekend. However, it was in vain. Neither her calls nor her texts had a response from Yoon-ah. 

Additionally, Jukyuung had been having the worst couple of days since Lee Suho found out her secret. This was one of the scariest things that could have happened to her. However, much to her relief, the boy had promised not to go around gossiping about her. 

Jukyung came to school that Monday, not expecting to see Yoon-ah outside the school's gates, laughing and joking with Sua. It was as much a surprise to her as it was to the other students of Saebom High. Despite Song Yoon-ah's not being as cold and unfeeling as Lee Suho, she seemed to have largely restrained emotions around most people.

"Juykyung-ah! Soojin-ah! Anneyo!" Yoon-ah chimed, waving to them as the girls stepped off the bus. Yoon-ah's face was glowing as she bounded up to them, linking arms. 

They returned her greeting with a smile on their faces.

As they approached the school gates, Jukyung gazed wide-eyed at Yoon-ah. 

In contrast to the near-horror that had engulfed them just a few days earlier, Yoon-ah's eyes were filled with happy light. 

Astonished, Jukyung couldn't fathom what events occurred that brought on both of these feelings with such intensity. However, Jukyung chose to remain silent, not wanting to disturb Yoon-ah's current state of happiness. 

Jukyung decided to resort to recounting the morning's events to the girls instead. 

"I fell asleep on the bus...." Jukyung gushed. "Soojin totally beat the guy up. She was so cool!"

"Not shocking at all!" Sua said, looking at Jukyung and Yoon-ah. "You know, she once taught some middle-schoolers a lesson for smoking last time. Total girl crush!"

"Woahh!" Yoon-ah gasped, nudging Soojin teasingly. "Soojin-ah! Who knew you were such a badass?!"

"Whatever," Soojin dismissed it, pink in the face from her friends' compliments. 

Sua proceeded to complain about the skirts as the discussion changed direction.

"Hey! What did your guys' school uniform look like?" she piqued up. "Yoon-ah-yah, you have not been attending Saebom High for too long either!"

"I've been here THREE years!" Yoon-ah exclaimed, narrowing her eyes at Sua. Crossing her arms, she let out a laugh. "Stop speaking to me like I'm still new to the school!" 

"I don't even remember what my old uniform looked like," Yoon-ah stated as the lie slipped from her tongue without thought, making her eyes widen with slight guilt. 

Truth be told, she really did remember it. How could she not?

Her old school uniform was characteristic of "people like her." The quality navy blazer definitely made a statement on the streets, bound to turn heads.

"What about you, Jukyung-ah?" Sua asked. "Do you have any pictures?"

Yoon-ah turned to see Jukyung walking beside her, anxiously looking at her feet. 

"Well...I didn't take any pictures," the girl trailed off. 

"No way!" Sua exclaimed. "You liar. Show meee!!"

Yoon-ah saw Jukyung's discomfort and frowned. Today, she was in particularly good spirits, and she didn't need unnecessary questions to dampen her friends' mood.