#026

chapter 26

~prince comics~

"Hey!" 

Hearing the familiar voice yell out in greeting, Song Yoon-ah finally looked away from the window. She perked up as the pretty dark-haired girl smiled and slipped into the desk beside her. 

"KangSu," Yoon-ah grinned. "Finally! I feel like it's the first time I've seen you all day..."

"Maybe," Soojin hummed, then smirked teasingly. "You tell me- it was you who was busy. What am I hearing about those love letters and confessions?" 

"What about love letters?" 

"As if you don't know what I'm talking about," Soojin scoffed at her, waving a dismissive hand in the air. "I'm not sure what to make of your choice of boys- but I'm more worried about the confession you received in the morning. It seemed strangely public." 

"It really was, wasn't it?" she asked, grimacing. "I wish I could just remember- it feels weird not even knowing his name."

"You don't even know his name?" Soojin gasped, eyes wide. "If you're not close- Why did he bother putting so much effort into it?" 

Yoon-ah shrugged, idly brushing her hands against her bracelet. "I thought I recognized him from somewhere but didn't want to take any chances."

Soojin shuddered. "I'm not going to lie- the whole ordeal was so cringeworthy, I almost threw up."

Yoon-ah's face fell, her lips curling in a slight grimace. "I know he deserves an apology, but-"

"-You wouldn't," Soojin rolled her eyes. "Puh-leez! I can't imagine hearing the words Song Yoon-ah and awkward conversations in the same sentence."

The brunette laughed softly as she bumped Soojin's shoulders. The gentle breeze wafted in their direction and the girls eased into a comfortable silence. 

"KangSu," she spoke up after a while. "You know you can talk to me if there is anything bothering you, right?" 

Yoon-ah was sure she felt Soojin tense up beside her as those words escaped her lips. However, when she turned her head to face her, she found the girl smiling. Soojin made a playful face at her, making her wonder if it had been mere imagination on her part.

"Why would you say such a thing?" the other girl asked.  

She looked at Soojin with some uncertainty as she said, "I just wanted to let you know

She looked at Soojin with some uncertainty as she said, "I just wanted to let you know...".

In response, the girl only grinned back at her.  

"I know," she said, placing a hand on Yoon-ah's shoulders. "The same is true for you too-"

Yoon-ah hummed, averting her eyes. She wondered if asking for honesty from her best friend without extending any in return was fair. She knew she had been quite withdrawn following her transfer to Saebom after the accident. She gradually improved, but there was always the occasional relapse that made her distance herself from the others; it was a known fact that she didn't even bother to mention it to them. She knew Sua and Soojin had noticed it before- even mentioned it to her- but Yoon-ah had all but brushed them off. Still, she hoped that Soojin understood that she meant her words and that she was willing to help her through whatever was going on.