➤ 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

【𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎】

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

HIMARI COULDN'T MASK THE RELIEF ON HER FACE when she saw Eren run down the street in his titan form. His body glistened in the sun and his green eyes shone bright with an electricity that seemed to fuel every step of his. The guttural roar that filled the air almost made Himari feel calm - settling the nerves that had lingered in her stomach for him.

She could see through her blurred vision that he didn't waste a second in attacking Annie, sending a punch to her face so unbelievably hard that she flew back into a polished, stone structure that stood in the middle of what seemed to be a neatly-kept public garden with clipped, luscious green grass. Not that it stayed luscious or neat for very long after Annie demolished the building under her weight.

Shaking her head to rid it of the last bit of dizziness, Jean helped pull Himari to her feet. She staggered slightly, but pulled out her swords, dropping the dull blades to the ground before attaching the handles to a brand new pair. She forced herself to breathe through the throbbing pain in her ribs, keeping her eyes set on the scene in front of her.

She looked over at the sound of movement, noticing Annie pulling herself to her feet. Rather than engaging in combat with Eren, however, she turned on her heel and ran away. 

Himari could hear the screams of people coming from nearby and her breath caught in her throat. She could imagine what it must be like for them - seeing two giant titans suddenly appear, one of them with the intent to wreak havoc upon them all while the other wanted to destroy the pink-skinned titan with everything that he had. It was, in a way, a twisted version of Shiganshina and Trost all over again, only this time it was much more dangerous. 

"Himari?" Jean asked when he noticed that she'd turned to check the gas in her tank, ensuring she still had plenty left. "What are you about to do?"

"Help," she said shortly before she looked over at him, her face set and her eyes steady. He swallowed thickly at the expression on her face- he'd never seen her so serious before.

"Himari-" Jean started but Himari cut him off with a shake of her head.

"Taking down one titan could save hundreds of lives. That's what you told me. Annie is that one titan. My job is to assist Eren in any way that I can and ensure that I'm nearby for her capture when he manages to pin her down. If I can help innocent families while I'm at it, that's even better." 

Himari didn't necessarily like the people in Wall Sina. She knew that at least half of them were not the rich, stuck-up snobs that she'd believed them to be, but so many of them had chosen to neglect the outer districts, leaving them in states of poverty and famine that added up to a total number higher than that of the citizens living in the interior. She noticed - as she took off into the air, chasing after Eren and Annie as quickly as she could to try and get in front of them - that there were no signs of hunger or homelessness in Stohess. Everyone was wearing brightly-coloured clothing that didn't have a single stain or tear in it, all of them well-fed and healthy-looking. It was a stark comparison to the bleak, grey-and-faded-red that she had grown up around her whole life.