➤𝐋𝐗𝐈

【𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄】

𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

HIMARI WAS THE LAST ONE TO ENTER THE TENT where the meeting between Paradis and Marley was to take place. It was the largest of all the olive-green tents that had been set up, with a wooden table placed in the middle. Three old, somewhat splintered chairs donned either side of the table, which was covered in a vast array of weapons and thick papers. The people inside the tent were bathed in a faint, yellow glow as a result of the dim lantern hanging from the canvas ceiling.

Himari wrinkled her nose faintly at the slight musty smell that accompanied the tent, due to the lack of use. Both Yelena and a handsome man whose name Himari did not know nodded politely at the girl when she entered the tent.

"Everything went okay?" Hange asked when Himari saluted respectfully at them. She didn't have to, but Himari figured it was important to keep up appearances in front of their guests - especially so when it came to reminding the visitors from Marley who was in charge and who they would be answering to if they stepped out of line.

"All sorted, Commander. He's with the others now." 

"Good. Thank you. Please take a seat." Hange turned to their two guests as Himari pulled out the chair beside Levi and sat down in it, placing her hands in her lap.

"This is our other Squad Leader, Himari Feuerbach. Himari, this is Yelena and Onyankopon." 

Himari gave the pair a nod of her head, but there was no sign of the casual warmth that donned her face whenever she spoke to Eren or any of her friends. These people were strangers from an outside land - she trusted them about as much as she trusted the Military Police. Which was not at all.

"Welcome to Hell," she greeted them. "Glad you made it." 

The corner of Yelena's lip quirked up in a small smile, eyes sparkling with something Himari couldn't quite pinpoint.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Himari. I've heard much about you." Himari's eyes narrowed as she stared at Yelena shrewdly. A few heavy seconds passed in silence, before Hange cleared their throat. Himari looked away from the tall blonde, eyes landing on the man sitting across the table from her.

To her surprise, he smiled kindly at her. Her suspicious expression faded momentarily, not having expected him to look at her with such warmth on his face. She merely nodded at him in response. 

"Tea, Himari?" Hange offered, but Himari shook her head.

"No, thank you."

"Well, now that everyone's here, let's move on, shall we?" Yelena said smoothly. Himari listened quietly as she and Onyankopon began to break down the number of weapons on the table in front of them, giving the three Paradisians a thorough explanation as to how they worked.