➤ 𝐗𝐕

【𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍】

𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

HIMARI JOINED HER FRIENDS ON THE WALL once more just as Pixis finished talking to three unfamiliar soldiers. Her eyes ran over their faces quickly, noting the way they looked over at her once she appeared before she turned away from them.

Pixis sent her a nod in greeting as she passed him, glad to see that she had joined them again look much more like a soldier, now. She returned his nod before she hurried over to Eren, Armin and Mikasa - all of whom were on standby as they awaited their next lot of orders.

It was easy to tell that despite Eren's determination to do his job and, hopefully, help bring about humanity's first win against the titans, he was nervous. He was picking at a loose thread on his shirt, eyes staring unfocused at the sky before them while Armin was fidgeting restlessly beside him. Mikasa stood still but, had it not been for the way her eyebrows were furrowed and she was glancing anxiously between Eren and the scarf around her neck, Himari might have believed she didn't feel any anxiety at all. 

Himari exhaled nervously as she walked over to the edge of the walls, noticing the titans that were still scratching desperately at the stone below her. She felt goosebumps rise on her arms and she swallowed nervously as her stomach flipped in a nauseating fashion.

She inhaled deeply, allowing the cool, fresh air to fill her lungs before she looked away. Himari scratched absentmindedly at her arms as she closed her eyes, able to feel the ghosts of the boiling blood and stomach acid she had been swimming in, against her skin.

No, Himari told herself. That wasn't going to happen again.

She headed back over the trio of friends once more in an attempt to pull her mind away from the memories that made her shiver uncomfortably. They were talking quietly when she turned in their direction, all three looking up at her in acknowledgement as she joined them once again.

Himari couldn't stop herself from noticing the way that Eren's eyes would occasionally dart up to meet hers. His gaze was narrowed in an almost accusatory manner. Himari rose an eyebrow, folding her arms over her chest when Eren eventually turned entirely to face her, after he'd finished yelling at Mikasa.

Himari felt slightly sorry for the poor girl. Going off the rumours that she'd heard during their time in the Cadet Corps, Mikasa had grown up with Eren after losing all of her own family. She couldn't imagine that it was easy for Mikasa, losing first her biological parents and then her adoptive ones. If Eren was the only family she had left, it was no wonder she didn't want to see him get into any sort of potentially life-threatening danger.

"Himari," Eren started, his tone somewhat sharp.  "Is it true that you got eaten or was that just a tactic to buy time back there?"

For a moment, she wondered if Eren was actually stupid. She opened her mouth, prepared to call him an idiot and remind him that he'd been the one who'd pulled her out of the titan's stomach, until she realised that he had no recollection of what had happened. He probably had no idea that he'd even saved her in the first place. She closed her mouth and looked away, her shoulders tensing under his piercing gaze.